Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Problems installing PAC SWI-X

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 05:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Problems installing PAC SWI-X

I got everyting hooked up...Ground/12 volt source...and the Green Wire from the SWI-X box to the Blue wire #13 pin on the factory plug...Now i can't get the box to reset. It flashes three times saying it's in version 3 and it should be in version 1. How do i reset it to start over? Because i can't even program with it in version 3.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

sounds like your having this problem.

11. Q. When I go into programming, the left LED turns on and stays on even when I press the buttons on the steering wheel. After about 8 seconds, both LED flash 3 times.
A. Even though PAC carefully researches the vehicle for the correct steering wheel control wire color and location, car manufactures can make changes to vehicle wiring without notice. Please verify you have the correct wire by using a volt/ohm meter.

double check your wire on the factory plug.
Old 10-03-2005, 01:31 PM
11 Second Club

Well the owner before me had the SWI-X installed on the car and they had it tapped into the blue wire too...Here is what it does I hold the button and the left light comes on...then i turn the key and the light stays on as long as i'm holding it....then once i realease it and hit the program button again both buttons flash 3 times then the right light flashes 3 times...then nothing. I don't know what to do, should i call the tech line?