PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Idle too rich with 96 lb injectors????

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 05:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Idle too rich with 96 lb injectors????

I have an ls1 with a custm O.S. and a 2002 reflash( 2000 pcm) Problem seems to be that I cannot get the idle range AFR to go leaner then about 11.5:1. I keep auto tuning and everytime I do the paste and multipy to lower the VE on the overly rich cells, it multiply's them by .80. The numbers in my VE chart are getting really low, around 30. It eventually starts to bog real bad with throttle tip in. The leaner I make it(even though it does'nt get any leaner) it make the surging idle problem I have even worse. I run a 96 lb injectors. Have any ideas? Should I enable the idle STFT?? What would this do exactly?

Could it be an adjustment I need to make with pulse width or injector dwell? It's almost like below a certain point they will not aloow any less fuel to flow. I am running low imp 96 lb/hr injectors with a Acceleronics driver. I run 45 psi constant at the regulator.

My actual AFR PID shows everything is all good except at low throttle the map will drastically drop from 13-14 afr right to around 11-12?

Any ideas?? The car is tuned almost perfect except for this area. Not a big deal if all I want to do is go fast, but I do street driving mostly.

ANYONE???
Old 10-03-2005, 09:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they prob run to a min pulse width, if they get done there they will misfire. see waht the pulse width is at idle and see if u can find out how low they go, i bet they are just too big. you also need to adjsut the proportinal fueling