Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A million window switch ??s!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 09:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A million window switch ??s!!!!!

Yes I have searched and I seem to be getting more confused as I go....

The Window switch supplies GROUND at a certaiN RPM, correct? Some pics I have seen show the yellow wire of the MSD going to the microswitch...but there is no ground on the microswitch so I am confused.

I thought to do it this way... + out of the main arming switch to the micro switch and the the microswitch goes into the switched side of the relay. Ground from the relay comes from the output ground of the window switch.

Can anyone clear this up?

Also, where do I connect for the tach wire...#10 white, but that does me no good without a pic!!

Thanks for any help.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The microswitch can be wired on the +12v side or the grond side. I always wire mine on the +12v side so it the switch grounds some how it pops a fuse and not activate the system
Old 10-06-2005, 09:30 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dwayneracing
Yes I have searched and I seem to be getting more confused as I go....

The Window switch supplies GROUND at a certaiN RPM, correct? Some pics I have seen show the yellow wire of the MSD going to the microswitch...but there is no ground on the microswitch so I am confused.

I thought to do it this way... + out of the main arming switch to the micro switch and the the microswitch goes into the switched side of the relay. Ground from the relay comes from the output ground of the window switch.

Can anyone clear this up?

Also, where do I connect for the tach wire...#10 white, but that does me no good without a pic!!

Thanks for any help.

Just leave out the FPSS if you do not have.
Ricky