Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

How does "teh PuRpL3z" sound.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 01:34 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default How does "teh PuRpL3z" sound.

I just put a deposit on a car, I'm hoping that this deal works out.

I found a Bright Purple Metallic 1998 Trans Am WS6 6-speed for sale, and decided that I have to own this car. It's in Wisconsin. It has 29,000 miles on it, and appears to be very clean.

I will know within the next two weeks if this deal is gonna fly.

So the Formula takes on full time track duty... and the WS6 will become a stocker show car.

Here's a picture.
Attached Thumbnails How does "teh PuRpL3z" sound.-1846640848.190239916.im1.main.565x421_a.562x421.jpg  
Old 10-08-2005, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Silly question You just paid all that money to bling up yours.why would you want use it for a full time track car.Does the new one have more show capabilties?????????
Old 10-08-2005, 03:34 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by slowpokez28
Silly question You just paid all that money to bling up yours.why would you want use it for a full time track car.Does the new one have more show capabilties?????????
No law that says a track car can't look nice. It's not like I'm going to make it run 10s or something. I only race CCC, and don't race for money. I'm not gonna beat it up that bad... and one day in the future I may return it to stock and show it also. I'm certainly going to keep it looking sharp, and haven't ruled out the possibility of showing BOTH cars.

I think it would be cool to show up at something like BOP with matching cars, and show one and race the other.

The WS6 6-speed does have a lot more show potential, though, and makes more sense for it to stay stock.

The Formula makes a better track car because it's an A4.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:25 PM
TECH Regular

you really are crazy.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

I like the idea of showing both cars together. I haven't seen any purple firebirds (other than yours) so having two side by side would look great. I could always drive one of them to a show for you. Of course I might get lost and be a little late.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:30 PM
TECH Addict

Go for it Zeke. I want to co-pilot for you when you bring that thing back here though.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:32 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by howierd42
Go for it Zeke. I want to co-pilot for you when you bring that thing back here though.
Because of the time of year, I'm probably going to have it trucked home, or use the rail car service like I did with my Formula. I don't want to run the risk of hitting snow coming through the Rocky Mountains, and don't have time to drive all the way around.

I'm actually looking forward to having a t-top Trans Am again.. and a 6-speed is going to make it that much more fun.

It is going to be a little odd, though. This will be the first time I've ever bought a car that I won't see or test drive before the sale. I'm having a friend who lives in the area take care of that for me, and he's going to send me back pictures so I can make a final decision.

Last edited by DrEvyl; 10-08-2005 at 08:03 PM.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:08 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
No law that says a track car can't look nice. It's not like I'm going to make it run 10s or something....
Ditto the 1st part, but does the 2nd part mean a car can't look good & run 10s?
Originally Posted by VIKING
I like the idea of showing both cars together. I haven't seen any purple firebirds (other than yours) so having two side by side would look great. I could always drive one of them to a show for you. Of course I might get lost and be a little late.
Not a problem girl, you can follow me. We could stop by Bills house & we could all go for a little cruise.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:16 AM
On The Tree

I like the hood on a WS6. Sounds like a great plan .
You don't see too many at the shows.

Dogtag
Old 10-10-2005, 12:37 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by dogtag
I like the hood on a WS6. Sounds like a great plan .
You don't see too many at the shows.

Dogtag

This car is rarer than my Formula... it's 1 of 12 Bright Purple Metallic WS6s made. 1 of 6 made with a 6-speed. I've already verified that it is a genuine WS6 and came factory painted BPM.

It has the standard seats, and does not have traction control. Service history on the car looks decent, just typical **** for a Firebird... window motors, headlight motors, EGR valve...

I feel like I'm stealing this car for the price they were asking, but I'll know more once my bud goes and checks it out. I should have more pics of it within a few days.
Old 10-10-2005, 02:11 PM
Teching In

Zeke,
I hope this works out for you. Sounds great. Too bad you didn't find this while the weather was nicer. You could be missing out on a great road trip. I have driven between here and Fargo ND a number of times. I-94 is a pretty good stretch of highway. I-90 through Montana is great! (do this part in daylight only.... Deer are a problem)

Did that trip in my SS a few years back. Only problems were bugs imbedded into the front end and a burned up wheel bearing in the rear. Keep an eye on the weather. It would be more fun to drive than pay for hauling it....
Old 10-10-2005, 04:53 PM
12 Second Club

This will make you a collector.
Old 10-10-2005, 08:19 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by Steve Goodwin
This will make you a collector.
I'm gonna need a bigger garage if I keep this up.

I think if I bought another F-body, though, I would have to go with a early 2nd Gen... but that ain't gonna happen until I have a few more garage spaces to deal with...