Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

glide vs lambo doors...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005, 11:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default glide vs lambo doors...

sorry in advance if this has already been brought up but I couldnt find any comparisons.... so .. what is the difference between the Glide vertical door kit and the Lambo ?? other then the obvious which is price. lambo kit is 1,700.00 and the Glide kit is 700.00.

~Guy
Old 10-08-2005, 11:15 PM
TECH Addict

What the heck is a "glide kit"
Old 10-08-2005, 11:22 PM
TECH Regular

http://www.andysautosport.com/produc...rtical%20Doors
Old 10-08-2005, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, im also interested in this SSDRIVER27 let me know what yoiu turn up and how it works on your car i am redoing a camaro and would like to put some time of dorrs on mine as well - some on here say its nopi-import look but i think its different and something new, we all have opionion if not the world would be boring regardless let me know what you turn up thanks.....and good luck
Old 10-09-2005, 07:50 AM
TECH Addict

Far as I can tell - they are both the same thing - just from (2) different manufacturers, with (2) different prices. One offers a nice warranty - the other doesn't mention any.

I'd be pretty curious myself as to why the same product is $1K more from the one mfg. to the other? Is this a case of 'you get what you pay for' or inflated pricing by one mfg.? Both say they are CNC machined.

I'd say you should contact both mfg. and find out any/all differences and then make your decision from there.

I personally have seen (2) types of lambo kits for the T/A:

1. Door only opens up/closes vertically (you must do mods to front fender for this kit).
2. Door first slightly opens 'out' as normal, then up vertically. Closes down vertically, and then 'in' as normal. (Supposedly no mods to body panels for this one).

I'm actually not a lover of lambo doors period (except on a real Lamborghini ) - seen them on quite a few different type of cars - really didn't care for them - especially for the $$ they cost. I take my T/A to Trophy Car Shows almost exclusively - never saw a car with lambo doors win I have won over cars with lambo doors quite frequently - and I don't have them.

Just my opinion though, everyone has different tastes - that's what makes your car more individual to you...

Quick Reply: glide vs lambo doors...