Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stealth setup options: LT's+cam vs H/C+stock exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 10:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stealth setup options: LT's+cam vs H/C+stock exhaust

Ok, I have really been enjoying how nice and quiet the new Z06 is (its all stock). I mean I can actually hear all the details of the music for starters. Plus I also love the dual personality of the car. It can cruise smooth and quiet like a lexus when thats what I want to do yet still haul *** when need be, and do it without attracting a ton of attention or being too obnoxious about it. I love how I can accelerate at a good pace while it seems & sounds effortless to those around me. With the WS6, anytime I gave it the least bit of gas everyone within a half mile knew about it, if ya know what I mean.

Sound aside, I still have to address this sickness which we all suffer from...which is that of wanting to modify our cars and produce more power than stock. Now my original plan was LT's, CAI & stealth cam. However, after thinking about it, I know the LT's, even though they will have cats, will make it not so quiet anymore and I think I am really wanting a truely stealth setup...where the car literall sounds bone stock yet actually has ~400rwhp or so.

So now I am thinking of doing a H/C package with a stealth type cam and leaving the exhaust totally stock. I figure the car would be totally stealth and maintain awesome driveability and still be able to hit ~400rwhp or close to it, with nice under the curve power. And the thing is, I can find a nice set of heads in the for sale section for the same amount that headers cost, since C5 headers are so expensive. What do you guys think? Will the stock manifolds hold the car too far back making the heads pointless?

In a nutshell:
Goal: Totally stealth setup.
Options:

Option 1:
-Dynatech LT's w/hi-flo cats
-Vararam B2
-Stealth cam

Option 2:
leave exhaust 100% stock
-Heads
-Stealth cam
-Vararam B2