Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rocker arm hitting head?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 06:06 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rocker arm hitting head?

well we just put a cam in my friends car. not a magic stick but close. anyway now we have it all together and there is this like popping noise occasionally. it goes away after warmed up but is there when cold. we looked at his heads and it appears the side where pushrod goes into rocker has been making contact with head. heads might b milled slightly? but the marks on the head look fresh and we r 95% sure it is not piston and valve touching. any ideas?
Old 10-14-2005, 10:22 AM
Teching In

We installed Harland Sharp rockers and the tech at the manufacture told us to watch for a clearance problem. The rockers cleared everything but if they made contact with the head he advised grinding the head a small amount. Hope this helps.
Old 10-14-2005, 12:24 PM
10 Second Club

i think thats what we r going to do. because as i said it has already rub some of the aluminum away just from th mayb 5 mins it has ran. they r just stock rockers though. but the stockers look like they r bigger than the aftermarket stuff?
Old 09-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry to bring a super old thread back, but what exactly would cause this with stock rockers? I recently had a similar issue I was assuming the rocker stand was messed up?

Quick Reply: rocker arm hitting head?