Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another which cam thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2005, 08:04 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Another which cam thread

Before anyone even says it I all ready did a search. In fact, I just spent the last 2 hours reading threads from search words like 3.23 gears, auto, A4, ect. I also read JRP's guide. I gained a ton of info and based on that research have narrowd it down to a few choices. But not many people here stick with stock gears and that's why my search came up kind of empty. Here is my setup:

1999 Formula A4
3.23 gears (absolutely no desire to upgrade, I like 2000 rpm's at 70 mph)
TCI 3500 torque converter w/ 24k cooler
Dynomouth exhaust
TSP lid
SSRA

On the way:

Pacesetter LT headers with ORY
SFC

During the winter I want to buy a few suspension upgrades and hopefully a used LS6 intake manifold sometime on ebay. I also want to spray a 100 shot of N20 so bare that in mind.

The car is not a daily driver but will be driven to and from the track, to the movies, ect. I do not have to pass a sniffer. I want a cam I can hear (no sleepers, I want people to know my car has a cam when I turn it over so a little bit of choppy idle is not only ok but desired )

But on the other hand I do not want a cam that is too annoying to drive on the street with surging, dieing in reverse, ect.

I was thinking of these cams,

TR224 112
F12 (open to suggestions on LSA)
F13 (open to suggestions on LSA)

Remember this is for A4, 3.23 gears, 3500 stall and I have been strongly considering the AFR 205 heads to go in the same time the cam does.

Thanks for any input, I really appreciate it.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:24 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Between those 3, I would personally go with the f13. I run one in my daily driver and LOVE it. Low end power is as good as the 224 it replaced and top end is really fun. The cam makes power low enough that your current setup will work well with it. I have seen it work great on even 3400 converters, so your setup should work very well with it.
Also, the f13 will work well with the heads you are looking at. Those AFRs never stop amazing me. An f13 with AFRs will be a real monster.
Considering it is an automatic, I personally went with a 114. However, mine doesn't lope much at all. It is shockingly tame at idle. With the sound you are looking for, a 112 will get you a lot of the chop you are looking for.
Old 10-15-2005, 01:33 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just put the vinci 062 in the wife's car. should have some numbers for you guys hopefully by the end of the month. her car is auto 3.23 gears with stock converter for now.