Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom TCI verter

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 01:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Custom TCI verter

I just got my TCI 3500 SSF restalled to 4000. It's designed to be able to hold the juice a little bit better than the off the shelf one. They used a different stator & impellor than they normally would. I think I paid a little more than a normal restall costs, but I think it was worth it.
It feels just as tight as the 3500 when driving normal, but it flashes higher, and my shift extension is now about 55 - 5600.
I can stall it all the way up to 4k on the foot brake in 2nd gear, so it's right where it's supposed to be.
From the day I sent it off, I had it back in about 8 or 9 days. When I called to check on the status, they told me where they were at. Good customer service, and my initial product impression is a good one.
Kevin Winstead is the man to talk to over there, he knows a lot about converters.

Hopefully I'll get some better NA times than in the past, and see how she handles the spray before too long.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:53 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my SSF restalled to 4000 too.. wasn't planning on running nitrous when I had it done so didn't get anything else upgraded. It feels pretty tight and they did it quickly and were really nice and the price was very reasonable.

Some of the best service I've gotten from an aftermarket company.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also received great service from TCI on the restall of my old yank converter. Very reasonably priced.
-Josh