Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

hesitation probs...any guesses?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hesitation probs...any guesses?

So here's the problem: I notice it usually at constant acceleration from low rpm's and don't notice it at WOT. Basically it feels like the car is hesitating....but I don't notice a drop in rpm's at all. It kind feels like I'm driving over tiny little bumps in the road (even though I'm not). Now my guesses range from fuel injectors, to suspension, to clutch. I have a basically stock M6, 51k miles. Pretty much everything on the car is stock, car has never been to the track, since I've had it anyway (since 40k miles). rarely rag on it. Could this be a clutch going bad or maybe a clutch that needs to be resurfaced?? It kinda feels like when you're driving with someone who can't drive stick and they let the clutch out too fast with not enough rpms and the car jerks back and forth. Although, its not NEARLY that bad. This is relatively minor, something most people probably wouldn't notice unless they drive the car a lot. I dunno, I posted the question in this forum cause it was my best guess, but any imput would be appreciated. Thanks.