Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drive shaft reccomendations please

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 10:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Drive shaft reccomendations please

Went to make some passes tonight and the stock DS said seeya on the 2nd launch. Not like I'm making gobbs of power but it was an aggressive launch on a good prep, on what "would've" been a motor pass. Prolly would've been a new best 60'.....

Motor is making 460/424 NA and has a 100-150 wet hit on top of that.

So what are you guys who've upgraded using? The ACPT is a hair more than I wanna do for this power level. What else is there?

TIA -
Old 10-29-2005, 11:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LowETz
Went to make some passes tonight and the stock DS said seeya on the 2nd launch. Not like I'm making gobbs of power but it was an aggressive launch on a good prep, on what "would've" been a motor pass. Prolly would've been a new best 60'.....

Motor is making 460/424 NA and has a 100-150 wet hit on top of that.

So what are you guys who've upgraded using? The ACPT is a hair more than I wanna do for this power level. What else is there?

TIA -
I personally have a Carbon Fiber one by PST. You might not like the $700.00 plus price tag.
Denny's Nitrous Ready ones seem very popular, and have heard nothing but good things about them.
Link:
http://dennysdriveshaft.com/
Old 10-31-2005, 09:37 PM
11 Second Club

If you want to order one off the net, then I would check out some of the sponsors.
If yer in a decent city, then I would do some hunting around to some tranny shops etc. They should set you in the right direction. We have a tranny shop here that builds killer driveshafts and T-braked trannys.

Good luck
Old 10-31-2005, 11:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Terry'sToy
If you want to order one off the net, then I would check out some of the sponsors.
If yer in a decent city, then I would do some hunting around to some tranny shops etc. They should set you in the right direction. We have a tranny shop here that builds killer driveshafts and T-braked trannys.

Good luck
Werd just go to a local axle shop and have them build you a .080 wall/3"od steel driveshaft with 1350 joints. thats basically all a a Denny's driveshaft is.
i got mine built for about $180 if i remember correctly.
Just make sure you measure from u joint to u joint, NOT tip to tip.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:02 AM
12 Second Club

TTP just installed a Lingenfelter one for my bro, worked fine at the track last weekend