this is why im embarrassed to be a neon owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 09:49 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this is why im embarrassed to be a neon owner

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/show...9&page=1&pp=40

it doesnt get really good till the last few pages....
just so you dont have to read it all, ill quote some of the completely ignorant statements these stupid neon owners come up with.

a guy starts this thread, asking how he will do against an ls1 z28/ss in his basically stock neon.

Originally Posted by fusion
stock for stock, you should beat a z28 from a roll, not sure from a dig. SS you should lose either way. Dont know which what your exhaust is to even judge the gains it will give you over stock.
Originally Posted by TrevSRT

I ran it night before last from our hangout place, a silver ls1 ram air, from a roll I could toy with him, from a deadstop with me wheelhopping so bad my windshield wipers came on, and my frontend almost hitting with his, and me letting off and getting back in it to try to reduce the wheelhop....the results: he only beat me by half a car......

pretty sad when a big bad dog ls1 can't run away from a little stock neon. :rofl:

P.S: he is an automatic with lid + full exhaust, and a stall (didn't specifiy what stall though
)
i tell them that ls1 fbodys are capable of running 12's in factory trim......

Originally Posted by Smokin_Diesel
HAhaha, 12's bone stock!

Yea sure, if you have DR's and few bolt-ons with exhaust. But that ain't bone stock.
Originally Posted by ryman546
stock for stock ud lose, slap a 3"dp on and ull take him from a roll, maybe by a half a car. Dig u can depending on tires/traction.
Originally Posted by GreenStang347
But as for the topic at hand, I just got my 03 SRT-4 a week ago and haven't really had the opportunity to get on it and see what it can do. But this past saturday I pulled up to an LS1 (non-WS6) and beat him from a dig and a roll. Not bad for only 218whp!! I know the Ram-Air LS1's are faster, but you gotta give the little neon a lot of credit for what it can do!!
next i tell them that all ls1 fbodys run roughly the same 1/4 times (depending model/trim etc)

Originally Posted by merlin00069
I didnt read the guys story but you're wrong. The SS models in comparison to the Z28 models cam with an extra 15 horsepower stock. Thats a significant amount of horsepower. I believe they get it from using a different intake manifold...the same one on the Vette. Now it's nothing that you cant get and put into a Z28 but stock for stock the SS runs about .2.-.4 faster than a stock z28. My father has a 99 Camaro SS so i have some knowledge about this subject. And btw the WS6 package is a suspension upgrade in the Trans Am...but the Ram Air gives about 15 horsepower in comparison to the regular trans am. Its just a functional hood scoop ram air system for colder air.
Originally Posted by merlin00069
No problem....every little bit helps in a car and the ram air/ slp mods are great at getting you started with your mods. It has to be said though....my dads 99 SS has a few mods...slp exhaust etcc..and from a dig i catch him in third gear and we stay almost even the rest of the way( he's about a bumper ahead)...and from a roll it's a drivers race. Im bone stock. :thumbsup:
Originally Posted by diablitofighter
"Those lower gear ratios kick in fast off the line, so Z28's 'Vette-like phantom flies down a chute. Full bore, it reaches 60 mph in less than six seconds and can take the quarter-mile flag in 14 flat. At this point, Z28's speed moves across the 100 mph mark. Past 120 mph, fifth gear performs well, allowing Chevy's wingless jet to top out a few digits over the 150 mph limit of sixth gear. "
so i post evan smiths article running a 12.89 in a stock 98 z28 and a 12.9 in a stock SS, and they say the article is lying.

Originally Posted by diablitofighter
"Stock numbers for the 98-02 z28 are high 13's...period. Numbers for the SRT4's are high 13's to low 14's...big whoop."

Rest my case.
ill cut it off here, even though there is a lot more. sorry, i just felt the need to vent about how STUPID these neon owners can be. if you have a little free time at work, read away
Old 11-01-2005, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hmmm, maybe I will register there and start some ****...
I can't stand when people have no clue what they're talking about and yet they go on and on...
What idiots.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i say let them live in their ignorant little world, and then let them get put back in their place when the time comes.

i'm sure the 'big bad ls1' that he 'beat' was probably just messing around on the street and not really 'racing'.

for the record, i have seen SRT-4's with minimal upgrades running 13.2's and faster at the track... but stock for stock with average drivers, no way would an srt-4 beat an ls1 car.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:15 AM
Banned

now they are saying ls1's run 14's stock
Old 11-01-2005, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Same here, I hate that they thnk they are at the top, no offense mmmmmfault, but if they go talking all that smack they are luck they havent ran into me. They are talking mod and mod this just to keep up with the LS1's and they will end up spending a good 1200-2000 all a LS1 has to do if auto is buy a large stall, usually if 6 speed a nice 400 dollar cam, If we spent the same amount of money ls1 would still be ontop. They are fast but not that fast. You are still an LS1 in desguise LOL and they probably do run 14's if the guy driving revs his car to 6000 and dumps the cluch on street tires.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

let them keep thinking all that.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:21 AM
TECH Junkie

ignorance is bliss we have a SRT4 owner like that at work, brags about beating a modded Z28 (LS1) with his modded SRT4 but then the next week some how looses by a car to a Ram Air TA that is stock down to the filter and exhaust?!?!?!? I think the kid's vs his dad's SS is either a fairy tale or his dad cant drive worth a **** I beat a F16 with my cam only LS1 w/spray (sure it was parked at an airforce field, but I still won)
Old 11-01-2005, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah in that case I win all the time as well, Ignorant, just plain ignorant.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Who cares what they think? We all know what the LS1 can do, even if they don't. This lends itself to my theory of people who get involved in a one-person street race. YOU might think you're racing, but the other guy probably doesn't even know you're there.

-Mike
Old 11-01-2005, 10:55 AM
TECH Regular

I am sure those guys pull up next to an SS or TA and the guy in the LS1 looks over and laughs, and the guy in the SRT4 floors it off the line thinking he just smoked him. Happens to me all the time. People think that they are racing me and I am in my car laughing all the way keeping up with them at 1/4 throttle.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

god damn... i remember the old war stories threads ...man how things never change
Old 11-01-2005, 11:39 AM
Staging Lane

That is some funny shiat...lol. I am so bored I read the whole thread...
Old 11-01-2005, 11:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I did that also not with just neon but especially ricers. I look over and laught and they get all mad and take off thinking they are racing. Those 4 bangers are funny though.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

that is some funny stuff. when both mine and 69_yenko's cars were both stock(he had an airlid and i had a catback) we came across one of the local SRT guys talking crap one night. he had a few mods that he named off. well, long story short, we took turns stomping him around town for a good half an hour. and this included rolls, low speed and highway, and digs in town. the guy kept saying that they didnt count, we never found out why.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:53 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

this is why im embarrassed to be a neon owner
...and now you know why we pretty much hate most of the Neon owners too!

BTW, I ran 12.84 @ 104 in my 99 SS, it was showroom stock down to the tires and air filter, with 0 weight removed from the car. First pass was a 13.1, then 13.2 then 12.84, then 12.90. The car is a 6-speed. Several of this site's members were there that night to witness it.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nine Ball

BTW, I ran 12.84 @ 104 in my 99 SS, it was showroom stock down to the tires and air filter, with 0 weight removed from the car. First pass was a 13.1, then 13.2 then 12.84, then 12.90. The car is a 6-speed. Several of this site's members were there that night to witness it.
I know these cars are awsome right of the showroom floor. I have beat those and in one I also beat a evolution VIII that guy was talking so much crap. I really just hate the whole Import aspect of the street racers. Usually they pull up and all they have is a cold air intake and a exhaust, That is funny. I like high end models like Supras and Nsx Ect. But a CRX hatchback. That is crap unless they spend like 10000 on it. Then its pretty fast.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MAXIMO
But a CRX hatchback. That is crap unless they spend like 10000 on it. Then its pretty fast.
and if you're gonna put 10,000 into a CRX, then you should have bought a better car to begin with
Old 11-01-2005, 02:03 PM
12 Second Club

Just let one of them pull up next to me......Those pos's will bust a radiator leak just when they hear the rumble of my ls1.....
Old 11-01-2005, 06:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Ha, I weigh 310lbs in a fully stock 2000 convertible no weight removed and stock tires running consistant 13.5s with 2.1 60ft when i first bought the car. That is alot of weight so you know a t-top or hard top is definitely going to run low 13s high 12s.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:07 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nine Ball

PSHHH You aint got nothing.. LOL You only got 12s because you had the NAWZZ on it!!

I went 12.86 @ 113mph in my bonestock 2000 Hardtop. This was going into a 35mph headwind.. With a 2.3 60ft

I raced a SRT-4 the other night and I started pulling on him easy, and started hopping it till he passed me, and he just kept going. I gave him a little jump down low to show him how the car run. Then again I was in a stock 03 911 Carrera (non-turbo).