Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Progress on my Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Progress on my Transmission

I've been having a problem with my trans popping out of 3rd and occasionally sticking in 4th gear.

I pulled the transmission and clutch out monday. The clutch had alot of material left, but the flywheel was burned on spots. I have a SPEC 3 clutch going in and the stock flywheel will be resurfaced.

Yesterday I tore down the transmission. The 3/4 synchro had some broken parts and a few of the shift forks had broken plastic inserts on the ends. Also, the synchro touched the teeth on the input shaft gear, messing them up(had to happen jamming into 4th gear), so I need a new input shaft too.

Today I'll be ordering my parts and hopefully I can have it back together on Monday along with the new clutch and pro 5.0 shifter. Then the BMR subframe connectors are going on.

After that it's gonna be a long 500 miles to break in the clutch, but should be well worth it when I get to hammer on it once again
Old 11-08-2005, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I rebuilt my transmission and finished installing it today. It was popping out of third gear. I found the 3/4 synchro was broken. Also, I put a beefed up 3/4 shift fork in it.

I also installed a Pro 5.0 shifter, SPEC 3 clutch, and upgraded clutch master cylinder.

Took it for a spin today and everything feels awesome. Shifts fine, clutch engages smoothly, and the new shifter feels GREAT. I will say that the clutch pedal effort is increased and the clutch engagement seems slightly higher.

All in all everything seems good so far, and now I just have to put 450 miles on it and then I can beat the living hell out of it