Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horse Power estimate needed, smart people apply

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 08:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horse Power estimate needed, smart people apply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Everyone first i wanna say this is my first thread so sorry if a million people asked this but i wanna figure out where my engine is at and where it can be...speed and hp wise....
I took my ride to a great guy up in ypsi, michigan does great work and i noticed the huge difference in power, i have a 3800 stall vigilante converter, a lingenfelter intake manifold, a comp cams extreme cam (not sure exactly but it was a street/strip type category), a bbk 80mm throttle body, with an big mass air flow sensor, also have a shift kit for an Auto4, SLP long tube Headers, and a SLP Loud mouth exhaust, plus alot of test-tuning with a hypertech programmer, shoot for shoot till all the shift points were right, it's also got stock 17 alluminum ss wheels with Mickey T drag radials in the back, did the minor bolt ons like the whisper lid, k&n, throttle by-pass, and the cars got about 200 additional pounds on it (amps, woofer, and air tanks for air ride), it's a T-Top so i know that it ways less than a convertable a lil.. please can someone with experience give me an educated guess of how my car would do at the strip like this? cuz it's not finished yet i with some ext. work and won't be able to run it in the winter, other than wait for a good day to get it dynoed, i just want someone to maybe figure how it will do and i'm a big guy too i way about 250 lbs if that helps out too with weight/power ratio, my next question is a lot less of words lol, what if i use a 125 shot of nx express nitrous ran correctly (purged, heated, through a T.B. plate) so i can get a before/after idea of what i got on motor and then with the nos...thank you all soo much for any help you can give....hope to hear alot soon! P.S. at this stage what do i need to do everything else is stock lemme know thanx..
Old 11-03-2005, 10:48 AM
TECH Junkie

what car and year do you have. DO NOT use nitrous if you are using you hypertech, you will have a lot of damage as the hypertech advances timing and that is the opposite of what you want to do with nitrus. you just need a good dyno tune and then you could use nitrous. with being an auto your #'s will be a little lower than a manual but you are around 360-375 rwhp. a lot depends on the cam you went with. you could be lower or higher.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea def need to list what kind of car you have. In addition, does the cam have a loud lope, meaning is it easy to hear that your car is cammed or is it failry quiet, like the stock cam? With cam, headers, intake manifold, throttle body id say you could be anywhere from 360-380rwhp, depending on the sized cam in there. That is if you get a good tune, a hypertech wont cut it, unless it is a fairly small cam and the stock tune can handle it. As black01_ws6 said DONT put any nitrous on it with the hypertech tune, you will be looking for trouble. With your current mods though, and assuming you can get a real dyno tune, id say with that with your mods and the drag radials you should see low 12's in my opinion. If you were to get it tuned and sprayed a 125 NX shot id say youd be in the mid 11's or so.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:30 PM
Teching In

Default yea

it's a Camaro SS 2000, t-top, got some subs and air ride which might give some weight....yes u can hear the cam loud and clear big time...
Old 11-04-2005, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Smart people apply Well a smart person will tell you to get rid of your SLP headers,lingenfelter intake manifold,hypertech programmer cause there not helping much. It is hard to give HP #'s without knowing about your cam, What y-pipe. With a decent size cam you should have about 350 rwhp