Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutck sticking

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 09:23 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutck sticking

i am no expert but here is my advice.u must know how much air gap your clutch has.this is the space created between the disk and flywheel when you push in the clutch.i drilled a 1 inch hole in the bottom of my bellhousing about a half in back from the engine side (used a hole saw btw).once this is done have a friend push in the clutch and hold.then measure the gap .060 is ideal but +or- .010 is ok.u can have all the hydralics working properly and a good clutch but if this gap is too tight it will hold the clutck too it (centrifucal vacuum) and you will not be able to shift (pedal down clutch engaged problem).when engine speed is reduced you get your pedal back.this cured my problem and noone seems to try this.it took a lot of work putting in shims and checking then putting in more but now i can hit em at 6500 alll day.mine is a 200 ta with 02 slave parts store master and centerforce d/f and the drill mod.hope i helped someone.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

but how would you elplain how our clutches worked fine before but now stick to the floor? Plus, over time the clutch plate would wear causing that distance to increase, so how would a greater distance cause it to stick?
Old 11-07-2005, 06:50 AM
Staging Lane

well this is more for a new clutch install and ill break out the digital this weekend and post pics.like i said im no expert but noone seems to mention air gaps on their clutches and its important to have enough gap.

Quick Reply: clutck sticking