Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Stainless Z28 Emblems

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 12:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stainless Z28 Emblems

I’ve search around and several people have them but I cannot find the kind I like and where to get them. Not Z06 style, not retro… normal regular Z28 emblems. I know dragonZ28 makes some but I’d like it to have the lines through the text like the stock ones. RK Sport has stainless emblems but they have some minor variations from the stock ones and I am picky. Are there any other places to get stainless Z28 emblems? Some pictures of the RK Sport (stainless) Z28 emblems would be nice. I’ve never seen them on a car and that may ease my “they’re kind of weird looking” worries. Sorry for being a pain. Thanks for any help.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here ya go. Try this link

Link

He sells a couple of different versions. I've bought some things from him.... good quality stuff!
Old 11-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Teching In

Those are dragonZ28's emblems he makes. Though having the 5.7L LS1 is nice, it stills (to me) looks like something is missing without the lines the original emblems have.
The search continues…
Old 11-09-2005, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Didnt know they were the same person.... have you tried sending him an email to see if he can cut what you want? Also, he's got some where the "Z" and the bowtie are anodized that look really sharp.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:07 PM
Teching In

When he cuts emblems he does in big batches. He hasn’t said anything about cutting another batch lately and what he has left over from previous times is not what I would want. It would be difficult to cut the emblem with the lines out and it be 1 piece (what I’d want) so I guess I’ll have to stick with RK Sport. I’d like to see how they look on a car though before I’d purchase them.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:27 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ArSoNZ28
When he cuts emblems he does in big batches. He hasn’t said anything about cutting another batch lately and what he has left over from previous times is not what I would want. It would be difficult to cut the emblem with the lines out and it be 1 piece (what I’d want) so I guess I’ll have to stick with RK Sport. I’d like to see how they look on a car though before I’d purchase them.
RK sports emblmes are horridly small in comparison to the stock emblems. Also, a lot of their emblems, if not all, are chrome - not polished stainless steel. I could be wrong, but beware if they are chrome. Chrome is cheap and you'll end up overpaying if you buy those. I have seen them on a friends Z28, and I was not even slightly impressed.

But, to answer your question, no I can not do the lines through them. I know exactly what you are asking and I understand. It would add a little "factory" touch, but in order to cut the lines, the emblem would have to be CNC cut from billet stock. A laser simply can not do that.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have stainless steel overlays on the z28 badges, they look nice! kinda have to be careful when you wash the car though.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:50 PM
TECH Regular

i have the rksports, all 3 emblems plus the fillers. The emblems are a little bit smaller, but honestly its pretty hard to tell unless you put them side by side. Ive had no problem with them at all, not even w/ catching edges when im washing or buffing. Howeber on the rear emblem i bent it slighly to match the contour of the rear valance. Let me know if you want pics or anything..
Old 11-09-2005, 09:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just got my DragonZ28 emblems in the mail on Monday. Absolutley awesome man! I cant wait to see them on the car. Have to wait til spring though, snow's a comin Thanks for the quick service and the great product!
Old 11-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Teching In

I liked the idea of the lines in the emblems because it gave them some variety. Shine emblems on a shine black car can start to look flat, the lines would spice it up a bit. I pm’ed dragon and have a feeling I’ll go with his emblems, they all look great. I’ll get use to anything eventually.