Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trans help w/a4

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 08:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trans help w/a4

i just installed a supercharger on my 02 a4 t/a it has only 9000 miles on it. it puts over 400hp to the rear wheels, i know the trans wont last long i need some help should i install a conveter and what stall and maybe a shift kit i would like a firmer shift, what a good brand to buy. than what should i do with the trans? its still under warranty should i blow it and get it rebuilt? or build it now. how about a trans cooler after the install there no room to install, or are the trans pans with the cooloing fins anygood? sorry for all the questions just need some help. thanks
Old 11-10-2005, 09:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The supercharger may not effect the transmission any time soon. Although, it will eventually. The maximum torque will be more of a problem to the transmission than your HP. I'd say a low stall converter with a tranmission wake up kit & transmission cooler would be good. Maybe a 3200 or 3400 (2.0 or 2.2 STR) converter with a 24000 GVW or greater transmission cooler would be ok. A torque converter will increase the amount of heat within the transmission. So, the cooler is a must.

The supercharger will give the dealership an excuse to void the transmission waranty. I have a 4L60E & my car makes 420 #-ft max. torque @ the wheels with a converter, wake up kit, & cooler. Have had no problems thus far. However, my car is very light.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks, my only question is where do i mount a transcooler? there is no room after the supercharger install.-