Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

gm extended warranty

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 04:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gm extended warranty

me being the dumbass that i am, thought it would be a good idea to purchase the extended warranty on my Z. not thinking that id eventually be tearing it apart. anyone ever try to return one of these? i bought the car in august. and i could really use the extra cash for mods.
anyone have any input or suggestions on how to get my money back? itd be greatly appreciated. thanks
Old 11-14-2005, 06:06 AM
On The Tree

The BEST thing my son did when he bought the TA was to pay the $700 (over 4 years) for the ext warranty.
We estimate over $15k was repaired or replaced with the GM warranty.

I don't think you can sell or return it for credit.
Matt Sr.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:16 AM
TECH Regular

Try calling the company that the extended warrenty is through. (Did you get extra paperwork about the extended warrenty? There's probably a phone # in there.) Tell them you want to cancel it, and they should give you your money back. (pro-rated for the portion of the warrenty period that you've already been through.)

There's been other people I know with extended warrenties that have canceled them and received the pro-rated amount back. Now that I think about it, we had an extended warrenty on a mustang we used to own, and canceled that. Got some money back on it...