Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

will qtp catted y pipe fit jethot or pacesetter longtubes?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 03:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will qtp catted y pipe fit jethot or pacesetter longtubes?

if anyone knows the answer please help
Old 11-16-2005, 03:51 PM
Staging Lane

yes it will fit the pacesetters.
not sure about the jet-hots.

i have pacesetter coated lt's plus the qtp catted y-pipe and a borla xr-1 race muffler.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:25 AM
Launching!

does the y pipe hit off bottom of the car or scarpe the road?
Old 11-17-2005, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

my car is lowered with eibach sportlines with koni sa's and i do scrap a few speed bumps and high drive ways. i have never bottomed out on the road either.

everything fits perfect except for a small 1 foot section under the drivers seat where part of the uni-body is plus the converter is just past this section. this is the lowest part of the system. i will replace that section with a small frame clearancer piece from dr.gas. replacing this section will give me back a little clearance.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have Jet Hots and the QTP Catted Y. It required "massaging" to put it nicely. I assembled it under the car the best I could and drove it to my local muffler shop. IMO to do the install right you have to have the car on a lift. Makes life so much easier and you can see things that you can't lying on your back with a treble light. The drivers header collector piece was rubbing my SLP SFC's bad. We mandrel bent a new piece bent differently and installed. Everything else seemed to go together allright. A little muscle was used to pull and push it, so it would clear everything.

All in all it's a nice peice 3" piping, Magnaflow cats, 4"-3" Flowmaster Merge Collector. It's only drawback is that it's $$$ and does need massaging to fit correctly and not rub or hit anything. HTH