Network + exam....

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Network + exam....

Anyone taken it? Im taken mine tomorrow morning, just wondering what to expect.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

taken the CCNA.... for Cisco... which ones the one you speak of?????
Old 11-18-2005, 01:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK #07
taken the CCNA.... for Cisco... which ones the one you speak of?????

How do you like the CCNA, was thinking of getting that cert ??? Heard that you can make okay money working on routers.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I took the comptia one and passed. How was the ccna?
Old 11-18-2005, 05:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

The Network+ is the network equivalency of the A+, it is also from CompTia. Pretty good exam. Good prep for Cisco or TCP/IP exam, just not vendor specific IIRC.

I got a 961 on my CCNA in August. Its not too bad if you know your stuff, just have to pay attention to details. Its a good bit of meterial, but if you can get the subnetting down, and you can conquer the routing protocols, switching configurations, and remote access intricacies, then you should be alright. I know that sounds like "know the entire exam", but its true. When I took it, it was switch-heavy. Not a lot of subnetting questions, or much ISDN stuff, mainly router protocol questions, and lots of switch configuration/VLAN/STP stuff.

If you need any help with your CCNA let me know, I'll be glad to help. I'm preparing for my CCNP right now, so most of that stuff is fresh on my mind. I still have most of my study material as well. Hit me up via PM or email me, cyphur_traq &at/ yahoo.com.
Old 11-18-2005, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thx man, seemed like most the questions on the comptia one were protocol questions. Ive completed cisco about 3 years ago but didnt take the ccna exam.(i know i should of).
Old 11-18-2005, 05:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

I went through Cisco back when I was in high school(2000-2001) and they were on version 1 in their curriculum. Now they're at version 4. When I went back through this summer, it was 3x the material. They moved some of the stuff from the old CCNP exam, as well as tons of background technology information(some of it quite technical). Lots of reading.

You can pick up the CCNA self-study guides and they will help you quite a bit. I have them for my CCNP tests, and they are great! Really help explain everything quite thoroughly. If you do decide to take the CCNA, those books will help a ton. But get the genuine Cisco Press books, not Sybex or anything else.