Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ANy glue reccomendations for NX Bottle Heater Patch?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ANy glue reccomendations for NX Bottle Heater Patch?

NX makes quality products and I have no issues with them, but somehow, either by bad luck or by someone pulling on it when it was installed, the Little Square Black Patch (Almost looks like a piece of rubber tape 1" X 1") that covers the (2) White Wires that connect and attach to the heater pad.

The heater works still, but one side of that patch has come up and undone and exposes the wires and coould eventually pull the wires out of the heating pad. All I need to do is glue it down again.

That heater pad gets hot so I need some type of glue that will take some heat and also stick to silicone . I was told get glue that sticks to silicone, but where specifically do I go to look for this and any reccomendations on a specific brand and product type I can use to glue back down this patch??

I was thinking Home Depot or a Hardware Store. I am sure other people's patch has come up, any suggestions on a quixk fix?

Thanks
Old 11-19-2005, 11:56 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I wonder if some old fasion rubber vulcanizing glue? You know the stuff you use to have to light on fire? Maybe it will melt? Im sure NX will take of the the defect if its not to old.
High temp silicone should work as i dont think the heater elements are in that wire location.
Dan
Old 11-20-2005, 07:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

High temp orange silicone will do the trick. You can get it at most autoparts stores. Permatex makes it and sells it as a "form-a-gasket"
Old 11-20-2005, 11:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks Guys, yes NX offered for me to sent it back, it is brand new, but all they would have done likley is put a dab of glue on it. I already have the weather pack connector on it for my custom instal so this glue will hopefully do the trick.

Thanks

I have heard of permaflex, I didn't realize it was glue, well I know it isn't glue, but I guess it will accomplish the same thing. I will just see what they have when I go there.

Thank You
Old 11-20-2005, 01:40 PM
12 Second Club

I dont have experience with the heater to "see" what you are talking about but I think that high temp silicone will be perfect for the problem.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I used some black silicone and it didn't stick worth a damn. I used a little super glue just a drop or 2 and that worked.