Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best bolt ons

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 01:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best bolt ons

i was planning on dropping an ls1 into my 99 s10 xtreme and i was wondering what you guys thought was the best bolt ons for it. i have to get new headers for the swap anyway so i was planning on getting some long tubes fabbed up, also i was going to get an intake, and run true duals with no cats through an X pipe. any other mods worht it? i heard the lsx is a waste. but what about Port and Polishing the heads or the TB. im not running AC so that should free up some power. are the underdrive pulleys worth it? thanks
Old 11-25-2005, 10:56 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For more info on the swap, check out the Conversions and Hybrids section https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps-28/ As far as the boltons, if you get a 01-02 LS1 you'll already have better heads and the LS6 intake. You can make good power with those. The pulley would be a good idea too. Are you planning a cam swap? Mine was alot easier to do before I intalled the engine with the motor out of the car and on an engine stand. The LSX intake/tb are good once you get a good bit more HP.