Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMPP Intake VS Edelbrok Victor JR (LS1)

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 07:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMPP Intake VS Edelbrok Victor JR (LS1)

I want to get either the GMPP Intake or the Edelbrok Victor JR and machine for the fuel injectors, which is a better choice?

I am running two stage n2o for next year (stage 1: 150 shot/stage 2: 200 shot) and was curious which flows better and such... thanx
Old 11-25-2005, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

We just installed the Edelbrock setup. I'm not sure about the differences in flow. But, you can definately here the air getting sucked into this manifold(LOUD). We went with an elbow from Spectrum 5 Racing and a Nick Williams throttlebody. Even with the top of the manifold milled a 1/4 inch, I still had to cut the cowl to fit the elbow. I could have had one made that would clear the cowl, but the elbow seemed a bit to short for my tastes and I didn't want to take a chance on restriction. This went on a typical head/cam car. So, I don't expect too much of a gain. The other manifold with the same setup will go on our car with a 408 with a direct port system. One word of advice if you are going to plumb a direct port system. Some of the areas on the runners are very thin. We found out the hard way when we drilled and tapped the nozzles on the other manifold. We ended up having to JB Weld in one nozzle. Here are some pics of the one we just installed.

Carlos Villalon, Jr.

Last edited by jurisz28; 11-25-2005 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Additional input.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:07 AM
Launching!

man if you got your engine stroked, get the tall intake from Edelbrock, that one flow much better than the GMPP.
the GMPP had it once and never been happy with it.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:40 PM
TECH Regular

I had both of them at one time. Like what was stated above the Edelbrock is a little on the thin side where as the GMPP had more meat. The Edelbrock is physically taller which may help the overall flow. I ended up keeping the Edelbrock because of the built in O-ring grooves...much easier than the felpro gaskets that the GMPP uses.

I don't know which is better but I can tell you that the quality of the casting and material was better on the GMPP.

Old 11-27-2005, 08:39 AM
Teching In

edelbrock has intake with fuel injector bungs already cast in to the intake and also comes with or without the rails.

The Victor Jr EFI complete with fuel rail system is PN 29086

http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...=egnsearch.asp
Old 11-27-2005, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am currently trying to decide between going this route, and going with a FAST 90/90. What are the specs on the cam/heads car? What is the rest of your fuel system like? Link to the elbow?
Old 11-29-2005, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jurisz28
We just installed the Edelbrock setup. I'm not sure about the differences in flow. But, you can definately here the air getting sucked into this manifold(LOUD). We went with an elbow from Spectrum 5 Racing and a Nick Williams throttlebody. Even with the top of the manifold milled a 1/4 inch, I still had to cut the cowl to fit the elbow. I could have had one made that would clear the cowl, but the elbow seemed a bit to short for my tastes and I didn't want to take a chance on restriction. This went on a typical head/cam car. So, I don't expect too much of a gain. The other manifold with the same setup will go on our car with a 408 with a direct port system. One word of advice if you are going to plumb a direct port system. Some of the areas on the runners are very thin. We found out the hard way when we drilled and tapped the nozzles on the other manifold. We ended up having to JB Weld in one nozzle. Here are some pics of the one we just installed.

Carlos Villalon, Jr.
Did you have to cut into the metal of the car? Or just the cowl trim? Also who makes the one that you wouldnt have to cut into the car?
Old 12-04-2005, 10:31 AM
TJ
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am running the GM intake on a carburetor right now, and im dying to know if i should port the GM or switch to the edeljunk. if its thin, i may stick with my GM intake.
i have no complaints other than the gaskets. suckage.
ive heard they are redesigning it to work with stock gaskets.
time will tell.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:36 AM
Teching In

For those of you that are interested about the GMPP intake (machined for EFI with fuel rails) and the intake elbow for either the GMPP or the Edelbrock, here ya go. If you aren't afraid of cuttin' the cowl a little bit, I'd go with the Edelbrock and the standard height elbow. I think it's funny how the GM intake is the one that doesn't support the 'factory' o-rings. Oh well....

Http://www.spectrum5racing.com

click intake manifolds button on the left, then EFI conversion.

Quick Reply: GMPP Intake VS Edelbrok Victor JR (LS1)