Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60-E Build Up

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 01:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4L60-E Build Up

whats up guys i have a few questions you guys that have built 4l60-e's. what kind of stuff are you putting in them. i already have a trans go shift kit. i am looking at for sure a beast shell (i work at a dealership and know how much these things break) and billet 2nd and 4th servo's. i also want to do some kind of stronger 2-4 band but i want one that will hold stronger yet be durable as well, also want to do more 3-4 clutches the 9 instead of 6 but don't know which ones to get. if there is anything else i am forgetting i am all ears. thanks guys
Old 11-26-2005, 02:23 PM
Launching!

Billet servos are not needed. They sometimes do more harm than good. A Corvette style servo is plenty. As far as band, the OE "Hi-Energy" band works great.

The 3-4 clutches do need to be improved, and the best material is the "Hi-Energy", used in OE setups, but you need more than 6. I currently use 8 and has worked well.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:01 PM
TECH Regular

how are you getting 8 frictions in the 3-4 pack. don't you have to machine the hub for that or the steels. i have read that the hi energy bands work the best. i guess the kevlar does not hold up as well.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:53 PM
Launching!

The Kevlar's claim to fame was its excellent resistance to heat, but actually has a lower coeficient of friction, which can overheat and warp the drum. I've used both Alto "wide" bands and Hi-Energy bands, and have stuck to the Hi-Energy.

As far as 8 frictions, I'm using stock apply plate and stock snap-ring. I use a combination of thick and thin steels and clutches with the thinnest backing plate GM offers.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TeamTripp
The Kevlar's claim to fame was its excellent resistance to heat, but actually has a lower coeficient of friction, which can overheat and warp the drum. I've used both Alto "wide" bands and Hi-Energy bands, and have stuck to the Hi-Energy.

As far as 8 frictions, I'm using stock apply plate and stock snap-ring. I use a combination of thick and thin steels and clutches with the thinnest backing plate GM offers.
great thanks alot for all the info