Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick ? about oil...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 09:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Quick ? about oil...

Ok, so i'm still on regular break in oil and I can definately change back over too synthetic now, but i'm curious, I change it like every couple bottles I put through the car or just every couple of track trips, is it even worth going back to synthetic since it's changed so often? Cuz right now an oil change is like $20, but goin back to the mobil 1 it'll be more like $40. I'm running pennzoil straight 40 and the synthetic I usually use is Mobil 1 0w40, what you guys think, stick with the regular **** and change it often like i've been, or go back to synthetic and just change it less often? If I go back to synthetic and change less often, how do you know when you've put enough nitrous through it that it needs too be changed? Thanks for the help guys!
Old 11-27-2005, 11:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd change it less often or go back to dino. I just got back my oil anaylsis from M1 0W40 after about 50 passes and 1,000 street miles. The oil still had plenty of life left. However, I will not be using the M1 0W40 anymore. Since M1 pulled the European Formula and now only uses their regular Super Syn 0W40 my Lead numbers have gone up. Other people have reported similar findings. I'm switching to Amsoil 5W40. I can get you a half decent price on it if your intrested.