Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Engine Build Up Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 10:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Build Up Questions

Ok i have been contemplating what type of set up to do..soo here are my choices/options but i neeed opinions and mostly advice on what to do

now to actually see what you guys think of my choices

Actual Engine CID: 355
Engine Stroke (in): 3.480
Pistons Included: Yes
Piston Rings Included: Yes
Piston and Ring Oversize (in): 0.030 in.
Piston Material: Forged aluminum
Piston Style: Dome
Dome Volume (cc): 11.0
Valve Reliefs: Two
Wrist Pin Style: Floating
Piston Ring Facing Material: Plasmamoly
Crankshaft Included: Yes
Crankshaft Material: Forged 4340 steel
Rear Main Seal Style: 2-piece
Balanced: No
Engine Balance: Internal
Balance Style: Neutral
Connecting Rods Included: Yes
Connecting Rod Material: Forged 4340 steel
Connecting Rod Beam Style: H-beam
Rod Bearings Included: Yes
Rod Bearing Undersize (in): Stock
Main Bearings Included: Yes
Main Bearing Undersize (in): Stock
Cam Bearings Included: No
Gaskets Included: No
Oil Pump Included: No
Camshaft Included: No
Lifters Included: No
Timing Chain and Gears Included: No
Plastigauge Included: No
Assembly Lubricant Included: No
Quantity: Sold as a kit.
Notes: Kit includes file fit rings.

http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...h.asp&N=400075

there is the link to the internals, i am wanting to keep the block to a 355 so nothing to radical, but i want all forged to handle a fair amount of nitrous, let me know what you guys think about that kit or any other forged kits

My second question is heads, i wanted darts but after talking to many people it seems as if i can get a cheaper brand for alot cheaper and still get the same performance..Now the specs for the block are posted up above..i need to know what valve size,exaust cc, etc would work best for tthis set up

I have a Crosswind Intake made by perfessional products (rpm air gap clone) and a holley street avenger 670 carb, headman headers, and thats all i can think of for now

Last i have a question about ignitions i was wanting to go with the msd 6a because i have heard it is a great ignition for handling nitrous..but if anyone has any suggestions on anything PLEASE POST!!
Old 11-29-2005, 11:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

U didnt say anything about rod length but i would go with 6.0" rod for a better rod length to stroke ratio. If ur going to buy a crank why not go ahead and buy the 3.75" stroke? For an oil pump go with a stock one. For a cam just call comp. As for heads if you want a great head get some afr's. If you dont want to spend a lot of money on heads go with some vortecs. lose the holley advenger and go with a 750 hp or something of the equivelent. Its hard to say to much though bc you did not say what you wanted out of it.