Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

New motor?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 04:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New motor?

Hey guys + gals,
I'm looking to replace my stock motor that my good friend the procharger finally decided to take it's toll. Wanted to see what you guys were running in your setups. I was running stock motor with the exception of the g5x3 cam with 1 7/8 qtps and full bolt-ons with the sdce 8 rib with 3.4 blower pully on a p1sc fueled by a set of walbros thru motron 60#ers and a lil alky. On the dyno I was laying down 630 hp and 530 tq thru the stock heads. At the track I was running mid 10 second passes on the 17" mickey drag radials. I'm looking for your opinions and expertese in this department. Hopefully I'll have the hawk back up and running strong as ever soon.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:15 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boy you were living on borrowed time!!! You more than likely took out the #7 piston's ringlands.

We have an engine combo that works very well.

Callies Racemaster stroker crankshaft, making the engine a 382ci.
Callies Compstar connecting rods
Diamond forged pistons
Comp cam
Comp timing chain
Comp pushrods
New oil pump
ARP head studs

The stock crankshaft has been shown to be able to handle 900 to 1000 hp, so you could keep the stock crank, meaning the cubic inch would be kept at 346ci. With keeping the stock crank, we can pull your engine out, have all machine work and balancing done, rebuild it with parts listed above, reinstall your stock heads, or heads of your choice for an additional cost, reinstall the engine and tune it for $4,500.00. Bob
Old 11-29-2005, 05:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

thats a smokin deal.

maybe check with the sponsor section see if anyone has any shortblock specials going on. just be aware that if here is a group purchase you will get a long wait along with the cost savings.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by firepwr
Hey guys + gals,
I'm looking to replace my stock motor that my good friend the procharger finally decided to take it's toll. Wanted to see what you guys were running in your setups. I was running stock motor with the exception of the g5x3 cam with 1 7/8 qtps and full bolt-ons with the sdce 8 rib with 3.4 blower pully on a p1sc fueled by a set of walbros thru motron 60#ers and a lil alky. On the dyno I was laying down 630 hp and 530 tq thru the stock heads. At the track I was running mid 10 second passes on the 17" mickey drag radials. I'm looking for your opinions and expertese in this department. Hopefully I'll have the hawk back up and running strong as ever soon.
Damn, sounds like all you need is a forged set-up.
Wished I had over 600 on just FI.