Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breaking Point ...

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Breaking Point ...

It seems that there is a line that most of us LSX'ers get to: Those who can stay on this side and run high 11's / low 12's n/a with bolt ons and then hi 10's / low 11's on nitrous ... and be happy.

Then there are those who go heads, cam, bigger shot of nitrous or go boost etc. in search of a second off n/a and second off sprayed/boosted.

My question is this - is that a good dividing line? Where do we stop? What is the middle ground for folks who want to go fast, but don't want to spend a whole lot? I was thinking with some weight reduction, all bolt ons (with big stall) and a 125-150 shot of nitrous, 11's n/a and 10's spray would be a great happy medium of quick on the street, but still not having to worry too much about motor / tranny / rear giving up the ghost too quickly. What are your thoughts?
Old 12-03-2005, 07:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my ABSOLUTE favorite time was when my old fullweight '98 Z was a completely stock motor, with an air lid and exhaust and some tuning, had a vig3200 converter and a TNT 100 shot. ran around town on 16" e.t. streets mounted to matching chrome 5spoke GM Camaro wheels. car ran 11.50's all day long.

but i think you hit it on the head. that would seem to be the dividing line between serious hardcore racers and the weekend racers. but there are exceptions