Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What AFR for this tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 03:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What AFR for this tuning?

I am getting pretty close at getting my SD AFR to 13.0 but the question I have is what do you guys think is a good AFR for idle and for cruising. Dont you want idle and cruise a little lean for fuel economy? Ok and now after I get my SD tune at 13.0, and get my VE table good, then I hook the MAF back up. What do I do after I get it hooked back up? Thanks guys.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if done correctly once you hook your maf back up and correct for that you basically put all the tables back to stock other then maf, ve, pe...remember that 13.0:1 is just to keep the motor safe while tuning...all your doing is trying to get the computer to match your commanded to your actual so when you put it back into closed loop/maf everything matches making pe changes easier and your other tables should be closer to actual meaning theres very little compensation needed from the computer.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:22 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are a few of us that are getting away from using 13.0 across the board for SD tuning and just leaving PE enabled. I tune my car like I drive it, so I tune to stoich and leave my PE settings where they would be on my final tune.

You'll find out quickly that 13.0 across the board uses A LOT of gas.
Old 12-09-2005, 03:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I was planning on using 13 or like 12.8 for part throttle and 12.5 for WOT but was gonna put idle and cruise at like 15.5. So if I do this was I leave PE disabled? And how do you disable PE anyways, I think I should have already done it though.