Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

True Trak

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 05:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default True Trak

Do these things realy hold up to launches?I bought one and a set of 3.55 gears to run in my 3rd member for DD and Autox.I was going to set up another 3rd member with a spool and 3.70 gears for drag racing. I did not even know that everybody was posting up in here about drag racing with them.I can break an anvil with a rubber hammer. My car is a 383 with all the goodies and a 200 shot.

Anybody with real experience please post up.
Old 12-11-2005, 07:14 PM
10 Second Club

if you are referring to the Detroit TRU TRAC, i have one and love it, granted i am not running as big a motor or as big a shot, i still run mid 10's, and am putting a TH350 with a brake and a 4400-4800 stall, so i will let ya know, do you know if you have the 2 or 3 pinion planetary version?? i am running a 3 pinion version in my custom 8.8
Old 12-11-2005, 11:12 PM
Ric
TECH Enthusiast

Can't speak for them in cars, but the one in the front axle of my Jeep is holding up fine after several trips to Tellico, general playing, and pulling trucks and forklifts out of the mud. It's also a smaller unit than yours, seeing I run a Dana 30 front axle... 7.12" compared to 9". You'll be fine with it. If not, a Detroit Locker is the way to go.

Glad to see someone else on here from my neck of the woods... place is eat slap up with Texans!
Old 12-11-2005, 11:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by URLOSN
if you are referring to the Detroit TRU TRAC, i have one and love it, granted i am not running as big a motor or as big a shot, i still run mid 10's, and am putting a TH350 with a brake and a 4400-4800 stall, so i will let ya know, do you know if you have the 2 or 3 pinion planetary version?? i am running a 3 pinion version in my custom 8.8
I do not know if it is 2 or 3 pinion version. Part number is 913A328 heck for that matter that is the only part number I can find on the web for a ford 9 inch.

I have an m6.So I may still stay away from the track till I get the other 3rd member and spool.

Originally Posted by Ric
Can't speak for them in cars, but the one in the front axle of my Jeep is holding up fine after several trips to Tellico, general playing, and pulling trucks and forklifts out of the mud. It's also a smaller unit than yours, seeing I run a Dana 30 front axle... 7.12" compared to 9". You'll be fine with it. If not, a Detroit Locker is the way to go.

Glad to see someone else on here from my neck of the woods... place is eat slap up with Texans!
I can't aford to buy diff's or lockers for my old 77 GMC 4x4 (Dana 44 front 12 bolt rear) so I just broke out the welder and "lincoln locked" them.

Thanks for the replies!
Old 12-12-2005, 09:13 PM
Ric
TECH Enthusiast

Oh, yeah... ol' Abe knew what he was doin back in the day.

Quick Reply: True Trak