Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Please Help, Afraid To Drive!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 05:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help, Afraid To Drive!!!

after work today, i got in my car and started it up. as soon as i started backing up, this horrible whirring, buzzing, whining noise started coming from what seemed to be under my hood. (note that as soon as i started it up, and it was in neutral, it was not making this noise). this led me to believe that it was a clutch issue. while driving out of the parking garage i decided to pull over in a spot and take a look under the hood. (now sitting in neutral looking under the hood, its still making this noise). it totally sounded like it was coming from somewhere in the engine compartment. i shut it off and let it sit for a bout 5 min. while smoking a cigarette. when i started it back up..no noise at all. let it warm up a bit and started driving home. didn't make any noise for about 3 min. but then it started again. driving home i noticed that the noise got increasingly louder the higher the rpm's were, which makes me think its something belt driven. also, while turning at very low speeds (four way stops). the noise is so loud that it sort of rattles my steering wheel. what do you all think? i'm afraid to drive it and have a very busy week! any ideas would be awesome.

Thanks!

Ryan
Old 12-12-2005, 07:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like powersteering fluid is low
Old 12-16-2005, 10:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I don't know, but what is this doing in Gears & Axles? Go to General Maintenance & Repairs.