Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burnout impared

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2005, 05:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Burnout impared

Ok, so I found out last night that I have this problem. Hopefully you all can help me out with it. Ill mess around and do burnouts on street tires on the street no prob. I havent really tried on street tires @ the track because it really wouldnt matter anyways. Last night I had on bf goodrich drag radials. One of my main intentions of going was to burnout and get video of it. I could not burnout for ****. I would have my foot on brake and my revs would go up to like 4 but I couldnt hold it there, then I think it shifted and my rpms fell to 2k and it wouldnt come any higher than that. If there are any tricks to it I dont know them to begin with. All three runs I couldnt burnout for ****. Btw its an A4. If anyone can assist me I will be very gratefull. I just want to be able to do a sick burnout @ the track.
Old 12-15-2005, 07:29 PM
9 Second Club

Get a line lock
Old 12-15-2005, 08:29 PM
TECH Regular

i have a th 350 and a 5500 verter this is how i do it..put it in first spin the tires in the water box then pull foward..hit it in first take it to about 6700 6800 shift to second and hold it arond the same 67 6800 when i feel it start to grab i let off..try to keep the rpm's as high as possible...never dont it with a stock verter but juss member keep those rpms up and be sure to spin the tires in the water box then pull forward a bit..and let it rip
Old 12-16-2005, 09:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If all you want is a video of your car doing a burnout, just put the trans selector in 1st and hold the brakes while you floor the throttle. No need to go into any other gear for just a smoke show. A line lock will make it a lot easier though.
Old 12-16-2005, 09:30 AM
12 Second Club

So youre saying I shouldnt do a burnout since I have a stock converter. All I basically wanted to do was make some smoke and have it look good but I couldnt.
Old 12-16-2005, 10:01 AM
8 Second Club

The faster you get the tires spinning, ie. go through more gears, the easier it will be to burn out with esp with sticky tires. When you only burn out in first gear, not only does it take longer to smoke the tires, it makes it hell on your tranny, converter, motor and rearend.