Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which setup is best

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which setup is best

I have a 2000 SS Camaro. I know I知 putting Pace Setters LTs on it. I just can稚 decide on how to finish off the rest of the exhaust. I have no emissions problems where I live and will be getting rid of the cats. I just want the car to perform right without any sensors going off or anything like that. I have been looking at an ORY and then some cat back exhaust but I知 not worried about that right now. I知 leaning towards TSP true duals for more power and sound. My only concern is how loud would that be. I知 16 and of course I like loud cars but I still want to hear myself think. Also I知 lowered by 1 inch. Do you thing Ill have any problems with ground clearance? Thanks for any advice.

Rob
Old 12-18-2005, 04:36 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

You may run into problems with clearance. A 1" drop is not that low, but it could cause problems.

TD's are an excellant choice. You will love them. Its not going to that loud but they will be pretty damn loud.

If you have not been here already I suggest you listen to the various exhaust clips to get a feel for how loud you want... www.ls1sounds.com
Old 12-18-2005, 09:52 PM
12 Second Club

Go with those headers, and their Y pipe, then a Magnaflow catback with 24" O2 sensor extensions, and you will be good to go.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:19 PM
TECH Resident

Be ready to spend a long time messing with that TSP setup. Being lowered, getting the max clearance will be more of an issue, but it can be done. If I were you, find a shop that has a mandrel bends or has mandrel bent pipes so you can get a custom setup done. If not, get Summit or Jeg's X pipe kit and have a shop build it to make it fit. The only place I personally would just flat out order a true dual kit is from Lane, who has a jig for each brand of header. That's what I have, and I lost an inch at max in a couple places from the stock exhaust.

Jason
Old 12-23-2005, 03:16 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Camaro99SS
If not, get Summit or Jeg's X pipe kit and have a shop build it to make it fit. The only place I personally would just flat out order a true dual kit is from Lane, who has a jig for each brand of header. Jason
Jason........who is Lane so i can talk to about getting a kit made for my ride

Originally Posted by mykdiver
Go with those headers, and their Y pipe, then a Magnaflow catback with 24" O2 sensor extensions, and you will be good to go.
I have Pacesetter coated LT off road headers, TSP ORY, Magnaflow catback, QTP electric cutout.....3" all the way. Setup looks good and sounds good. With the cutout OPEN though it consistenlty run a tenth slower and 1 mph faster in the 1/4 mile.

I'm thinking of switching to a true duel setup but the Magnaflow is a good setup if that is what you want.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by rule 7 ss
I have Pacesetter coated LT off road headers, TSP ORY, Magnaflow catback, QTP electric cutout.....3" all the way. Setup looks good and sounds good.
That is the exact same setup I am purchasing - except I am using a PaceSetter ORY.

I think the PaceSetter LTs, ORY, and MagnaFlow Catback will make a good combo.