Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Questions - Front Liscense Plate, Nose Emblem, Decals, Antenna, Lighting?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 10:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions - Front Liscense Plate, Nose Emblem, Decals, Antenna, Lighting?

I'm trying to get some feedback and ideas on what apperance mods to run on my Camaro. So far all I have is Blackout Tail Light Covers, Black Camaro Fill-In, Z28 Third Brake Light Covers, Smooth Locks, and Camaro Door Handle Decals.

I want to run a black billet grille to match the Black ZR1 Rims I'm ordering after winter, but I have to run a front liscense plate in SD, I've tried not doing it. And they just give me tickets, so I would like a way to run one without comprimising the look of the front too much.

I would also like to run a different nose emblem, either a chrome one or black somehow. I've heard of overlays to switch the color but can't seem to find them even on Ebay. Also I was looking for some Antenna ideas? I have a smaller antenna but I don't really like the look. I've thought about shaving but is there a way to still get AM/FM Radio without an antenna, or does anyone have any alternatives for a better looking antenna?

My Last question is about headlights/foglights. I'm looking for a brighter light to run with my Blackout Headlight Covers, and diffrent fog lights since they are burnt out I might as well replace them with something that will look good. I can't seem to find SilverStars for a 93 Z28, so if anyone can help me out I would appreciate it.

Ideas, Suggestions, Advice... all is welcome, trying to make my baby look better.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like u got a good start.

1st of all. put the black billet grille on there, then zip tie the licence plate on but keep it on the passenger side of the grille

2nd. nose emblem is easy. ebay has stainless stell ones and carbon fiber. or u can try a couple companies who make overlays, pm me and ill give u a great vinyl guy who makes them for liek 7 bucks i think. 3rd, i bought a shorty antenna its black got it at a local car parts store. if u dont like that take ur stock one, grab some pliers and pull the ball off, then cut to desired length and glue ball back on. or if u want to shave it, u can buy dash or windsheild antenas. go to a car audio store for those.

as for headlights, ditch the covers. only use them for show. i put silverstars in my 97 its easy, just pry the old bulb off with a screwdriver, be careful though, then take the new silverstar and some clear silicone and put it onto ur headlight housing.

hope i helped +merry xmas+