Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My solution for BMR torque arm with Moser 12 bolt

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My solution for BMR torque arm with Moser 12 bolt

There were several things I didn't like about how the two fit or (don't fit) together. Iv'e read and heard about people having bolts come lose, striping out breaking ect. I also didn't want the TA banging on the tunnel if you use the first set of bolts. The thing that worried me the most was the Moser uses 1/2" bolts and the BMR has 5/8" holes. In addition the inside flange to flange where is sandwiches on the rear housing is .100 wider than the housing itself and would never let me get it tight enough to seat down correctly. Below is my ideas for making it work better.

1. I made a template to cut from with making tape. I then used a hand grinder with a cutoff wheel to make quick work of cutting the thick plate.

2. I ordered a short piece of 5/8" tubing with a ID of 1/2" from a chassis shop. I used this to make 4 bushings the thickness of the flange.

3. In a perfect world I could use my bushings and it would bolt right up but the bolt centerline of the Moser and the BMR were off a little. I cut the side out of two of the bushings to allow the back two bolts in without binding.

4. A close up of the two bushings I had to modifie

5. This is a template made out of making tape for the shim spacer. I used a .080" piece of scrap I had laying around.

6. Here is the finished shim. Now there is only about .020" I have to close up as its all tightened down. Everything bolted together great. I feel confident I will not have any problems any bolts backing out.

Last edited by gearheads78; 12-20-2005 at 07:54 PM.
Old 12-20-2005, 07:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks good but i'de still RED loctite the hell out of it and check them every once in a while.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

everything can be avoided if you just do simple maintence. not sure why people go to these lengths. get under the car once a month and make sure the bolts are tight. it takes a few minutes.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I said screw the loctite -- I tack welded the bolts to the bracket. Lemme see 'em loosen up NOW !!
Old 12-21-2005, 08:49 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those shims are pretty much like what I made. It hasn't came loose since I put the shims in. Before it came loose every 1000miles. 10,000 miles now with no problems