Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem after Problem after LT Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 05:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Problem after Problem after LT Install

Hey guys I posted a thread about 2 weeks ago saying that i had problems with major codes and Loud *** Backfiring? these r some of the problems that i have run into and parts that i have bought to "fix" the problems but it seems like when i buy one part to fix it it backfires gets louder and pisses me off more and more, first of all we have a OBII scanner to tell us exactly where the problems r at, first it was a cylinder 4 misfire, checked all the plugs and tested the plugs and everything, that problem goes away for a while then the evapae Solinoid fucked up so i buy a brand new one thinking it would fix my backfiring problem, NOPE. the codes does go away for a while 2 but it still backfired, then i bought the o2 extenders because the scanner was showing a problem with Bank 1 so we install those, Problems r still there and the previous codes for evape and cyclyder 4 misfire show up again, and now the scanner shows that my Map sensor is fucked up and not reading right or i have a vacuum leak , Help me out Fellas Plz
Old 12-21-2005, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ill take a shot here you say all this happned after you installed LT,s.? Dont know the full story, but by chance did you pull the coil packs for your install and mix them up? Hve you been able to drive the car?
Old 12-21-2005, 08:00 PM
Launching!

Yep, all of this madness happened after i installed the LT Headers and True Duals, i can drive the car but it pisses me off so much that i would rather not, Thank god I Have a 01 ACcord EX to drive around the thing that bothers me the most is the very loud constant Backfiring, on the go and at full stop , it has been sitting for 2 weeks because i cant fix the problems, o the Check engine, ASR OFF , AND ABS INOP lights r also showing now i need help guys
Old 12-21-2005, 08:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sounds like a coil problem of some sort to me
Old 12-21-2005, 11:36 PM
Launching!

Are sure you have your O2 wires hooked up right? I've seen people hook them up wrong and that will make the car backfire and throw codes.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Kiss_My_99SS
Are sure you have your O2 wires hooked up right? I've seen people hook them up wrong and that will make the car backfire and throw codes.
Yea im pretty sure that they r hooked up right, the problem with the backfiring started right after the LT Header Install which was about 2 weeeks ago im probly going to buy a new o2 sensor since it was reading very low 7-8 range