Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 07:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help!!!!

I"ll try to make this long story short.After A dyno tune My converter Intner ermitantly does not lock.I have HP tuners 2.0 and have been Up back and sideways trying to fix it.There are no trans codes setting.I can manualy lock it w/HP tunes scaner controls but the pcm will not lock it.And like I said sometimes It locks.I flashed it back To stock but had the same result.Any Body have Ideas?
Old 12-23-2005, 10:43 PM
Staging Lane

i use edit and under the transmission calibration under tab A4 TCC there are tables for normal mode- mph vs %tps and cruise mode- mph vs %tps
ie. in 4th gear and any %tps lock-apply converter at 42mph and release needs to be less than 42---41mph
Old 12-23-2005, 10:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Need way more details on the car's mods and what tables were edited on the tune to be of any help. Also, was the converter manually locked on the dyno at WOT while tuning?
Old 12-24-2005, 02:31 PM
Teching In

The car has a vigilate 3200 stall converter.I don't know if the converter was locked on the dyno.Acording to the tuner he leaves the trans tune stock.I checked it against the stock tune and he was telling the truth.The weird thing is I drove there on another tuners tune.I just wanted to get a dyno tune to find out what my car was capable of and because my car was way too rich.The converter worked fine.also If I put the old tune back in the converter worked fine.I manualy wrote the tuner perameters into a stock tune by copying all the tables that were changed and typing them into the stock tune.It locks the converter at first but after driving the conv.dropes out again.It looks like the tuner just adjusted the pe-ve and maf tabels.Nothing radical.