Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulley Question revisited

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 10:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulley Question revisited

I did a search but couldn't find a def answer to my question. i am going to be finishing my cam swap today and wanna add on some more bolt ons before i go dyno the car. I wanna add a Shaner TB and the ASP pulleys. NOw i don't wanna deal with my lights dimming at idle and such. Does this mean i should go get the Alternator underdrive or overdrive pulley from texas speed? When i buy these pulleys are they gonna come with belts? i plan on getting the new crank pulley bolt from GM. thanks!
Old 12-24-2005, 11:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

i got my ASP complete from tbyrne.

i have some discharging with everything on but it hasnt been a problem.
Old 12-24-2005, 12:14 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

You will be more than fine. I got the alternator pulley and crank pulley both from ASP. You have a M6 as well so you are fine. Only cars with systems and some auto's run into charging probelms.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by StylezTA
When i buy these pulleys are they gonna come with belts? i plan on getting the new crank pulley bolt from GM. thanks!
If the belts don't come with the deal, then you can pick these up from Autozone. I just got my cam in yesterday with a ASP pulley.

goodyear gatorback belts:

1-4040377 for the a/c belt

2-4060755 for the serp. belt

I would also recomend getting the Front seal for the Harmonic Balancer/Pulley. The stock ones tend to leak, so I would change that out when you do the swap. You can pick one up from the dealership, but there pretty expensive. I think it was like $21 for the seal, and $3 for the crank bolt.
Old 12-24-2005, 01:49 PM
Teching In

another guy here telling you you'll be fine...

had the asp pulley AND shaner s2 on my 99 z28. The pulley and cutout gained me 26rwhp, and the shaner was good for exactly 5.7peak rwhp but it pulled up the last 300 rpms by the same number, so it was definitely worth it!
Old 12-24-2005, 01:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You'll be fine with just the crank pulley. I just have the Powerbond 25% underdrive pulley on my car with a stereo system, and it's an M6. The only times that my lights dim are when my system hits really hard. Other than that, I haven't had any problems.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:54 PM
Teching In

thats awesome guys, thanks for such quick responses. with the cam and all my other work + the pulleys and TB i really wanna try to make 400 NA hp. should be close. Next step is a turbo set up for me! =)