Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions on SLP intake....help

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 01:07 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions on SLP intake....help

I have a stock 02 WS6 and am not sure what combo to go with as far as the intake. By the way, i plan to keep it pretty much stock, other than GMMG exhaust, SLP cats and maybe a y-pipe. Would i be ahead to go with just the SLP lid or go with the whole package with the smooth bellows, etc for more power?? Also, would the SLP MAF help any with the intake?? Thanks!
Old 12-26-2005, 01:42 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you plan to stay as stock as possible, then a lid, UD pulley, and headers...That would be the best bang for your buck. Don't rely to heavily on SLP until you have seen the other stuff out there. As far as Intake goes. You have an LS6 so you are good in that aspect.
You can get a Lid from just about any speed shop or order one online.

All I am saying is don't get sold on the SLP parts. You can get cats that are still emissions friendly as well as pocket book...elsewhere.

Don't bother with the y-pipe if you arent going to change out your stock exhaust manifolds for headers...but that is just my opinion.

So basically to sum it up. check the stickies on the top of the forum, and ask as many questions as you need before going head first in.

Jordan
Old 12-26-2005, 01:45 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh, I almost forgot.

I would leave your stock MAF and make your own bellow as well. Only cost you about 5$ at home depot for a fernco 3' piece of tube. SLP wants 50$. do with that what you will.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UGOTWS6D
I have a stock 02 WS6 and am not sure what combo to go with as far as the intake. By the way, i plan to keep it pretty much stock, other than GMMG exhaust, SLP cats and maybe a y-pipe. Would i be ahead to go with just the SLP lid or go with the whole package with the smooth bellows, etc for more power?? Also, would the SLP MAF help any with the intake?? Thanks!
Skip the ypipe and cats.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:45 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say the lid is def worth it. got my slp lid and it was great. but any lid will do the job they all are made and pretty much look the same