Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

all mufflex y owners inside please!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 09:10 AM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default all mufflex y owners inside please!

do any of you have the slp subframes? it looks as though they will interfear. or if u just have pics of them on the car i could prob try and judge the angles. also what type if any ds loop are you using?

pics are a huuuuge plus!
Old 12-26-2005, 09:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to the top
Old 12-27-2005, 02:06 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have SLP subframe connectors and they do not enterfere with anything. I also have true duals going over the axle and again the subframe connectors aren't any where close to the pipes. As I said; I have no enterferance with anything. As far as I'm concerned, the SLP subframe connectors are the BEST out there. I would not do away with them for anything. They really stiffen up the body. They do the job that they were designed to do.
Old 12-27-2005, 06:03 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

I've got them and had to cut the small brace
Attached Thumbnails all mufflex y owners inside please!-pict0009.jpg  
Old 12-27-2005, 09:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

I have the mufflex Y but I don't know if it would interfear or not since I don't have SLP sfcs
Old 12-27-2005, 09:54 AM
On The Tree

Ehh, its super tight. a lil BFH, and some lite massage and they will fit just right.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:59 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No subframes on my old car, but here's a clear pic of the QTP (Mufflex) ORY installed. Should give you an idea of what's going on. (ORY is drooping a bit in the pic due to it being unbolted at a segment flange).

http://home.att.net/~carlos.ramirez1...2/site1027.jpg

http://home.att.net/~carlos.ramirez1...2/site1029.jpg
Old 12-27-2005, 11:12 AM
TECH Resident

whoooaaaaa look who changed his sig pic! nice to see you're getting back into fbodys i look foward to reading your progress
Old 12-27-2005, 11:23 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ynkssws6
whoooaaaaa look who changed his sig pic! nice to see you're getting back into fbodys i look foward to reading your progress

Thanks.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:39 PM
TECH Resident

You're welcome
Old 12-27-2005, 05:30 PM
TECH Resident

I have the QTP cat'd Y-pipe, with the Flowmaster merge collector and it' s not the collector that can cause a problem, but the Y-pipe legs. I was able to adjust my y-pipe to barely clear the left SLP SFC and there are no issues on the right. There could be a problem if you have a relocated TA, like a Spohn. I have the one with the drop and it fits very well. However, clearance SUCKS!!! The straight crossmember is supposed to fit mid-length and the QTP/Kooks LTs, but, I think a little floor massage with a four lb. or better hammer will be necessary. If you go with a custom y-pipe, and like a Flowmaster merge collector, you should be just fine

Last edited by radz282003; 12-27-2005 at 05:41 PM.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:04 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by radz282003
I have the QTP cat'd Y-pipe, with the Flowmaster merge collector and it' s not the collector that can cause a problem, but the Y-pipe legs. I was able to adjust my y-pipe to barely clear the left SLP SFC and there are no issues on the right. There could be a problem if you have a relocated TA, like a Spohn. I have the one with the drop and it fits very well. However, clearance SUCKS!!! The straight crossmember is supposed to fit mid-length and the QTP/Kooks LTs, but, I think a little floor massage with a four lb. or better hammer will be necessary. If you go with a custom y-pipe, and like a Flowmaster merge collector, you should be just fine
i was going to do that but everyone local is telling 500 plus for a mandrel bent one. thats a bit steep. and i couldnt drive a car for any long distance with open headers--id kill myself.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:41 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by radz282003

do you happen to have any pics?

southfl02ss it looks like you werent running a ds loop? i think thats going to be my biggest issue.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:46 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
do you happen to have any pics?

southfl02ss it looks like you werent running a ds loop? i think thats going to be my biggest issue.
Miami Muffler down in Perrine custom built a Dual Cutout mandrel bent Y-pipe with the Flowmaster Scavenger Merge for Tally Transam.
I don't think they'd charge you anywhere near $500. Heck they built me a custom 3" X-pipe for less.

Correct, no DS loop. The merge was in the way. I'm sure if I would have taken the time, I could have gotten it to work, but I was rushed on the install and had it welded up. The Merge should have been further upstream (towards the front of the car) and tucked up a little higher for the Lakewood DS loop to have fit. I even sold my SPOHN tunnel brace Tq. Arm (with the attached DS loop) and just went with a SLP tranny mount Tq. Arm because of the clearance issue.

As a tidbit of info, I got a warning at Moroso one time for having the Lakewood tunnel brace mount DS loop. Dude said it was too far from where the DS enters the tranny for it to be legal.

Last edited by SouthFL.02.SS; 12-27-2005 at 09:55 PM.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:14 PM
9 Second Club

mufflex just emailed me and said it will work if i put a flat spot in the merge.......they said it wont restrict flow but damn i have a hard time hitting a 300+ dollar y pipe.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:21 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
mufflex just emailed me and said it will work if i put a flat spot in the merge.......they said it wont restrict flow but damn i have a hard time hitting a 300+ dollar y pipe.
That Merge is CAVERNOUS inside. 4" Diameter. A Lil' flat spot won't hurt much.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

hey i just installed my umi 3 points...and they are awsome...i had slp bolt ons , but never installed them....then i saw the umi and sold my slp's. the UMI's are awsome they tuck up really nicely and dont take any ground clearance....i was worried the slp's would hang down too low. you could come see them if ya wanted......the headers are awsome by the way but i jsut have a $70 pacesetter ORY lol.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:17 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Magnet
hey i just installed my umi 3 points...and they are awsome...i had slp bolt ons , but never installed them....then i saw the umi and sold my slp's. the UMI's are awsome they tuck up really nicely and dont take any ground clearance....i was worried the slp's would hang down too low. you could come see them if ya wanted......the headers are awsome by the way but i jsut have a $70 pacesetter ORY lol.
id be real interested in seeing them. are you coming to the meet on the 7th @potts? ive been debating these slp's for sometime but not sure i want to take them off as they do work very good. just hang a tad low. but on the other hand i would bottom out on the b4 anything else so they may stay. as far as the y pipe i have the corsa which can be raspy with an ory so im doing all i can to avoid that and i dont want to take this exhaust off again so im doing it the way i want the first time around. taking longer to do so but hopefully it pays off. did u notice any big gains with ur headers?
Old 12-28-2005, 07:19 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by SouthFL.02.SS
That Merge is CAVERNOUS inside. 4" Diameter. A Lil' flat spot won't hurt much.
ya i know thats kind of why i liked it.....maybe ill let someone else take the sledge to it then i can pretend it came that way.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

yeah i might show up...i havent gone to potts forever is there any other ls1's? the headers are sweet by the way