Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Gear/MPH Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 09:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gear/MPH Question

If I have a T350 w/ Ford 9" rear, 411 Gear, 26x9.50 15 Hoosier slicks can someone tell me what my speeds would be in each gear especially at the top of 3rd? Would I run out of gear in the 1/4 mile? What if I changed the tires out to street tires and got a taller tire / smaller tire? If this is a bad setup for a street/strip car then what would be more ideal? Then.. if the car was mainly for sitting in a garage looking pretty and occasionally brought to the strip or a car show would this setup be ok then? I'm having a hard time deciding what direction to go with my project.
Old 12-26-2005, 03:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you could figure out the gearing in the TH350 (maybe try the auto trans section) you could go to the sticky at the top of this section and type in you info and it will tell you all you need to know. Also for anyone else to give you a better answer we will need to know at what rpm you are redlining.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blue01ta
If you could figure out the gearing in the TH350 (maybe try the auto trans section) you could go to the sticky at the top of this section and type in you info and it will tell you all you need to know. Also for anyone else to give you a better answer we will need to know at what rpm you are redlining.
the car has never been ran on the street or strip since the motor build. it's never been redlined ripping through the gears or anything. i just bought it and it's not driveable. a tree fell on the roof/trunk area. i just crank it up every now and then. i'm fixing to take the motor/tranny out and put it into a truck so i was just curious about it the way it's setup in the car right now.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3