Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about exhaust setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2005, 10:12 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about exhaust setup

ok, I am running a new exhaust setup but need a little help. I want to !cats but am afraid of not passing if they look for cats so was was going to run a cutout BUT, ive heard about ground clearance issues running the dual cutouts in the y pipe and to run just the one in the I pipe....so the questions are....

1)where exactly does everyone put there cats (if any)when they run a single cutout.
2) how many of you (im from ct) have gotten a visual check for cats during emissions testing?
3)I dont plan on lowering the car ever so should i ignore the ground clearence issues and do the dual cutouts?

Does anyone have any pictures of thier exhaust setup that I can show the local guy around here so he has a better idea of how he can set it up. Especially a true dual set up. My exhaust now runs really close to the drive shaft and would like to get it a little farther away. Id like to do the dual exhaust setup that is in the Mod Guide with the flat tips out the side. does anyone know where I can get those tips that will work on 3 in. piping.
Old 12-26-2005, 11:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What you could do is just hollow out the cats (you can put a pipe in there too if you want) and put the hollowed out cats in the exhaust, that way you have the appearance of cats, but in reality they're gone
Old 12-27-2005, 03:56 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

f"cking duh....should have thought about that before i posted like a dumbass. Thanks