Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you guys think this would sound?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 10:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you guys think this would sound?

Hey guys, just wondering how you think this would sound, mid-length's, ory, resonator? I know that a lot of guys say that the resonators are really raspy behind lt's and ory but how about the mid's. It would have a 224 in front of it too for a bid more sound. Just wondering cause I have a friend that has a new resonator that he is going to just give me so I thought about trying it out to see but I don't know. I like things loud but not glass pack kinda shitty loud, rumble kinda loud.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:12 PM
CBX
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MountainMotor
Hey guys, just wondering how you think this would sound, mid-length's, ory, resonator? I know that a lot of guys say that the resonators are really raspy behind lt's and ory but how about the mid's. It would have a 224 in front of it too for a bid more sound. Just wondering cause I have a friend that has a new resonator that he is going to just give me so I thought about trying it out to see but I don't know. I like things loud but not glass pack kinda shitty loud, rumble kinda loud.
Probably sound good. I don't have any mufflers at all, just the resonators in my B & B Bullets.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:25 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,493 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Bassani headers/Y-pipe (mids) tend to rasp less than the LTs. I've discovered this due to friends having the same catback and similar cams with LTs vs the Bassani setup I had on my WS6. The rasp is still there with a resonator (like LM system) but it's much less than LTs.....
Old 12-30-2005, 09:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My macs rasp like hell around 2300-2500rpms, but it's because of the ypipe design, not the headers. I've heard a true dual system built off of macs (I'll be doing the same shortly) and the rasp is totally gone and the sound is