LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Another stumbling block with the Pacesetter install

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 08:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another stumbling block with the Pacesetter install

I went to put the AIR fittings on the headers tonight and as they tightened down, the tube was still loose. So I took it back off and the threads look fine on the headers AIR fitting. I try putting it back on again and same thing happens. So I take it off and compare the stock exhaust fitting and the Pacesetter fitting. I notice that the threads start farther down the fitting on the stock fitting and inside the AIR tube the threads don't go all the way to the top. So apparently the AIR tube fitting is running out of threads before the tube is sitting flush on the header. Anybody else have this problem? It looks like I will need to put some form of cone shaped washer or a pipe fitting inside where the 2 tubes connect.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im having the same problem but i just left it cause i just finished about 30 minutes ago with mine and i am soo worn out and tired lol.. maybe ill fix it tomrrow before i head to the exhaust shop
Old 01-06-2006, 08:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is a 95 and the stock fitting i had would'nt even fit it was too small,i had to get if i remember the right size i know its metric 21mm to a jic thread hydraulic fitting to have the 21mm screw into the header with a copper washer and the JIC male thread i think # 8 or #10 id have to pull them off again i know it was a hassle the JIC was for the air tube no leaks damn fittings were $20 a piece though
Old 01-06-2006, 11:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The 94 I did last week fit like a glove! I was worried about it but Took the rubes to the Wire wheel and cleaned them up I used alot of antiseze on the threads also.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by roughneck427
Mine is a 95 and the stock fitting i had would'nt even fit it was too small,i had to get if i remember the right size i know its metric 21mm to a jic thread hydraulic fitting to have the 21mm screw into the header with a copper washer and the JIC male thread i think # 8 or #10 id have to pull them off again i know it was a hassle the JIC was for the air tube no leaks damn fittings were $20 a piece though

I had the same problem with the AIR tubes not fitting. I called pacesetter about this and there was a recall on some of the AIR tube fittings on their LT's. They sent me a new set of headers with the right threads. Not too much fun installing headers 2 times.

Quick Reply: Another stumbling block with the Pacesetter install