Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

question on 9" install from my 10bolt w/ relocation brackets

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 07:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question on 9" install from my 10bolt w/ relocation brackets

Ok, so my 9" will be here soon, but i got to thinking about it while i was changing my shocks out yesterday that I have relocation brackets welded onto my 10 bolt and the ebrake things that go around them are also tac welded because of when i had to cut them. my question is, what should i do other than getting relocation brakets and welding it to that? i may not have them for a short time because i dont have access to a welder, but i also dont want to be without a ebrake...suggestions?
Old 01-08-2006, 07:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

The OEM emergency brake brackets will fit around the Moser LCA brackets but if you have modified the OEM emergency brake brackets then I don't think they will fit. FWIW get some UMI relocation brackets and they will eliminate any wheel hop. They will have to be tack welded, since only the outside half of the emergency brake bracket is used.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:58 PM
TECH Addict

im aware of all that. i have relocation brackets on now, but im not going to run them on my 9" just yet
Old 01-08-2006, 07:58 PM
TECH Resident

what is so speacail about UMI RLB????? I have some but not UMI and still have some wheel hop. as for the original question. I had the same problem I just cut the old brackets off with the ebrake still attached and re welded it to moser
Old 01-08-2006, 08:28 PM
TECH Addict

cool. thanks. i guess im just gonna get the damn brackets to save myself the trouble.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't know that there is anything special about the UMI brackets other than that they appear to be high quality and got rid of my bad wheel hop. Before I put them on my MT DR's felt like they were tearing the car apart when trying to hook up.