Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head porting question about the throat area

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 03:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Head porting question about the throat area

How do I attack the throat area where the bowl turns into the runner? Ive only gone as far as sanding down the casting flash. I would assume that I should open up the sides just a hair, but how much, and how should I attack it?

The intake and exhaust runners are done, rocker bosses taken out, the valve guides have been knifedged and cut down, the bowls and blending the valve seats have been finished. The Throat area is the last thing left to do before I mill and reassemble these heads.

Thanks,
-T
Old 01-09-2006, 10:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GuitsBoy
How do I attack the throat area where the bowl turns into the runner? Ive only gone as far as sanding down the casting flash. I would assume that I should open up the sides just a hair, but how much, and how should I attack it?

The intake and exhaust runners are done, rocker bosses taken out, the valve guides have been knifedged and cut down, the bowls and blending the valve seats have been finished. The Throat area is the last thing left to do before I mill and reassemble these heads.

Thanks,
-T
Post a few pics and I will draw some lines on what you need to do.

Brandon
Old 01-09-2006, 10:42 PM
CBX
TECH Apprentice

I think you just pretty much want to smooth that transition out and blend it all in. Isn't this the area they refer to as the short radius?
Old 01-09-2006, 10:45 PM
CBX
TECH Apprentice

What do you guys use to seal the rocker bolts on the intake when you cut out the rocker bosses? High temp silicone?