Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP TD Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 09:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP TD Questions

Ive been trying the search all morning with no luck. I just have a couple questions...how loud is it in the car? This is a daily driver so I dont want it unbearable. Also is there ground clearance lost? I am lowered 1.5 inches so I cant afford any heighth losses! Thanks!
Old 01-10-2006, 09:28 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is freakin' loud with bullets- your torso resonates. Can't speak for the Sweet Thunders.
Yes, you lose clearance.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have TSP true duals. My first reaction when I installed it was it was to loud. After driving with it for about a month I think it is fine. I actually wish it was louder at times. I have sweet thunders and I love them. There is some interior resonance mostly in my console but only at certain rpms. When i took my rear seats out and drove the back panels rattled like crazy, but with the seats in there is nothing. So if you plan doing a rear seat delete it may rattle on you. After I messed with the TSP duals for a long long time I have 5 inches of clearance at my lowest point but I am at stock ride height. I plan on lowering an inch and i think it will be fine. I still have a little rattle on the body but with a little more tweaking i know i can get it to go away. My car is a daily driver and if you have a radio it is not bad with the sweet thunders. Most of the time I cant here the exhaust over my stock radio, unless you are gettin on it.
Old 01-10-2006, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

We have the TSP TD w/Sweet Thunder mufflers on our car and they sound amazing! The interior resonance at low RPM's is very noticable but IMO not too too bad.....You loose ground clearance with the TSP setup, we only have about 1 Soda can ground clearance on stock suspension, so you might be cutting it close if your car is lowered 1.5". Do a search and you'll find some pics of people set-ups. Hope this helps.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:13 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DSPerformance
We have the TSP TD w/Sweet Thunder mufflers on our car and they sound amazing! The interior resonance at low RPM's is very noticable but IMO not too too bad.....You loose ground clearance with the TSP setup, we only have about 1 Soda can ground clearance on stock suspension, so you might be cutting it close if your car is lowered 1.5". Do a search and you'll find some pics of people set-ups. Hope this helps.
I have the bullets but I am switching to the Sweet Thunders when I get home.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:25 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the sweet thunders. and they are loud. but i have no gorund clearance so im getting someone to lift my exhaust up and put on some tail pipes.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:31 AM
Launching!

Im stock 4x4 ride height and i scrape on every speed bump in town..Dont plan on getting in a drive way or over a speed bump if you install these while your car is lowered. They sound amazing though.