Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 10:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads

I am debating between the patriot ls6 style head 59 cc combustion and 2.055/1.57 or the new dart head (225) any input???
Old 01-10-2006, 11:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I recently bought the Dart 205's. The only thing I can tell you is my experience thus far as I have them totally disassembled and am polishing up the ports (not opening, just cleaning them up).

The valves are quite light, the intake is a little larger than stock but is also lighter (98 grams). The exhaust valve is robust and heavier than stock as I remember, but lighter than the intake valve (92 grams).

Titanium retainers on the springs, weight is 6 grams.

One piece valve seal/seat like the 02 and newer stock seals.

PSI beehive springs, nitrided (68 grams). The springs look good and will be interesting to try. Not sure on the life expectancy as they don't have the history that something like a Comp 918 has. But they look to be excellent springs.

Five angle intake valve, three angle exhaust.

Heavy duty rocker bosses. I had to make some modifications here to fit in my Crane spring tool and Crane guide plates. But if the spring tool fits, so will the guide plates. I wanted to make sure later spring changes on the car would be easy. I also modified the spring tool as well to keep the strength of the Dart casting intact.

Unfortunately, I won't install them until spring but several others have purchased them so dyno numbers can't be far off.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well what do you suggest then the 205 or the 225 if im goin to run a cam around .600 lift and 240 duration i know the 205 build torque faster wich is nice but i need to know they will be flowing good in the high rpms also what is the compression from these head w/ a 62 cc combustion chamber (sock bottom end) 10.5-1.....11-1??
Old 01-10-2006, 02:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I would check the flow numbers that Dart has posted if you are interested in their heads. The 225 does have a larger intake valve and there was a recent post by RCW on his heads and what he was doing with them. You cam is quite a bit bigger than mine, and I am staying within the stock rev limiter.

I would also call Gunnar at Patriot and speak with him, he is a lot more qualified than I am to make recommendations for your setup.

Last edited by vettenuts; 01-10-2006 at 04:11 PM.