Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those that have remover your air injection system ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 11:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default For those that have removed your air injection system ?

I removed my air injection system after installings some mac mid length headers. Since my car has been back on the ground, my air conditioning/ heater controls have not been working. The fan speed & temperature dials work just fine, but the vaccum actuated dial that controls which vents blow out, does not work anymore. The dial was set to the dash/defroster vent when I started working on my car, and now no matter where I place the dial, it only blows out of that vent. I followed instructions found here, I plugged up the line coming up from behind the intake & have checked it numerous times to be sure there is no leak. And of course when I really need it, I can't find my haynes manual anywhere. Anyone in here have any ideas of where I can start to resolve my issue? Thanks!

Last edited by richieg; 01-11-2006 at 12:02 AM. Reason: mispell
Old 01-11-2006, 12:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

It's late, but I remember there being 2 vaccum lines that needed to be reconnected. Obviously your not pulling vaccum if the controls aren't working, so it's gotta be that one of the lines is not connected, blocked off, leaking etc. I did this at the same time I installed the LS6 intake, and remember I had to swap around some of the vaccum lines and fittings to get everything to reach and work correctly.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I found my Chilton manual. It informed me that the air system was too complex to go into detail about. & to poor a little more salt on the wound, they didn't show anything about the vaccum line to the ac controls. I started at the firewall on the passenger side and found the line & followed to the end where it was just dangling loose behind the intake. It's impossible to see back there, so by touch I found an open fitting and slid the line over it. It worked. It felt like there is a 3 way fitting on the back of the intake. One spot for the air system & one for the ac/heater controls. either way the ac/heater line end was a bit distorted and isn't very snug. I'm guessing when I pulled the larger air system hoses out, they caught the line. So problem solved, Hope this helps anyone that ever has the same problem.