Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me decide what to do for exhaust ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 02:26 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help me decide what to do for exhaust ?

Ok when i bought my car i really wanted to buy the SLP CME center mount exhaust. But i did not want to fork out the $800 buck's they wanted for it. So i had a similar custom setup made for my car. It has 2 square shape tips next to eachother in the middle of the rear bumper. I am now wanting to get the real deal.

Ok so i found a great deal on the real CME with the rear valance, my question to my fellow f-body owner's is what do i do with my setup that i payed $400 bucks for ? If i buy this True cme setup ? Sell it ? try and fab them both up together ? The thing is i really like the way my exhaust sounds with the dyno max bullit in the i pipe.
My set up is i have a dyno max bullit in the i pipe then the muffler was cut off and they made a custom D port flange so that way 2 pipes will come out of 1 then the 2 pipes have there own exhaust tips which exit the rear and are mounted in the middle of the bumper. I was trying to replicate the cme and the slp loud mouth. ANy ideas ? I want to know what you guys would do and if you have any suggestions ? I like the way it sounds except for the raspyness when you dont upshift.
Thank you !
Old 01-11-2006, 02:32 AM
TECH Regular

Here is another picture. I hope you guys can help me figure this one out. I just dont want to be out the $400 i spent on the first setup. Also any other muffler suggestions that will work with the cme.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:34 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Imitate the Loudmouth/CME combo.

Reuse/relocate your split junction in the location where the LM has it (just after the over the axle pipe). The rest is fab/ connect the CME.

Old 01-11-2006, 03:25 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Between you and me, cut off everything, buy a Loudmouth II from SLP and bolt on the CME. It will make your life so much easier. What you pay in up front cost for the new catback will be made up for in not having to fab up anything.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:10 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

As per your PM, here's an SLP Quad tip CME (my understanding, the 2 tip CME is more or less the same).

LMII+CME = Nice exhaust. Get the valence also.
Good luck!

Old 01-11-2006, 04:17 PM
TECH Regular

Thank you brotha i am happy that you have gave me some much needed advice. If anyine alse wants to chime in that will great also.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

i used to have the cme with the loud mouth. Sounded great until i got long tubes. So i ditched the loud mouth, and went to a TD cme set up

Old 01-11-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Regular

How did the sound change when you went to long tubes ?
Just curious because i am planning on getting long tubes with a ory as well.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

it was raspy as hell, and the sound started to break up in the higher RPMS. It almost sounded like a red neck truck with no mufflers. It was bad
Old 01-11-2006, 05:48 PM
TECH Regular

IN the picture posted above that jimmy 2 times posted is that going to be a much different sounding exhaust it being dual ? Is there any drawbacks to having true duals on a ls1 ?
Old 01-11-2006, 06:38 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

^ No drawbacks, only benefits. 2.5" setups clear fine. 3" setups tend to hang low near the tunnel brace (ususally where the X-junction is found).
Most people dump TD's at the axle, because going over the axle requires a skilled exhaust shop that can mandrel bend. It's also, pricey to go over the axle.

Lots of TD info on this site. Texas Speed sells a kit that dumps at the axle.

TD's sound awesome. Once taken over/under the axle out the back, they're very livable.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:53 PM
TECH Regular

Nice i am going to do some searching on here for Td setup's . But i am now off to buy my CME setup from this guy.